• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4 unit english and extension... too much? (1 Viewer)

Drag-0n

HSC round 2
HSC
just wonderin.. does anyone do both ext and 4u english? if u do then.. is it too much? and how many hours a week do u put into them.. which obviously take away from other subjects

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
well i did 4 unit english, society and culture, cafs and extension history...so i ended up with four major works...well personally my extension english major work suffered a bit..but i still got a uai in teh hi 90s..i think with two you'll be ok..especially seeming teh extension history can be done quite easily....just make sure you have a timetable..otherwise its too hard to give equal time to everything

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
OMG I do 4U english and extension history!!! i love it, its fine now but will be a bitch when the major work/major assignment are due!! plus i have 2 drama performances lol
ohhh it will be insane.
What are you doing for your major works??

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Ext 4 and Ext Hist

I love my 4 unit english and extension history - thats pretty much all i do, english, mod, anc and RE.

I guess if you like it, the projects dont seem like so much work, if u dont like the subject or topic ur looking at i can imagine it would be a drag - my advice look at something u love to study and will continue to be interested in during the WHOLE year...

Extension History isn't too bad sofar - its pretty easy, just been doing the source book and the 'who are the historians' etc questions. Its not hard, just need to remember the periods.

Best thing when u do them - study periods - which mean u can have all ur homework done at school then u can work on ur projects at home. Makes it a ton of a lot easier.

Aussiechick

HSC
I do 4U eng and 3U hist too, its not too much so far, but I'm only working on one at a time, spend a few weeks on one, then move to the other one. The easiest way for me :)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i do both
plus 4 unit maths and physics

i have not started working on either of them yet though

i consider them winter holiday jobs
its suprising how much work you can get done in the holidays if you allocate a full week

PoisonIvy

WELLLLL, I finished all of my 4 unit work in the summer hols, cos i'm a FREAK- but it works out well cos now all i have to do is rework, plus ext history.....i pretty much only do english (all 3) history (mod + ext), economics + maths, so i have HEAPS of frees, so i agree with doing other work at school to focus on majors at home... BUT MATHS:eek: I HATE INTEGRATION:confused:

Adeline

HSC
omg...PoisonIvy you scare me...i don't think i've done enough... aaahh....
i also do 4u Eng and 3u Hist. ... yeh I'm thinkin it all comes down to how well you manage your time and breakin your work down into manageable pieces... i want to get all my majors finished by the end of this term

btw Integration is cool

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
first of all: integration is a bitch...whoever says that the difficulty in integration is equal too differentiation is lying!

4u eng and 3u hist is alot of work, well at least for me cos i dont manage my time very well, and the pressure in ee2 is crazy. seeing all the amazing mw's from past yrs is terrifying...:uhoh:

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
A lot of people do 4u english and hist ext, some even do 4u maths as well...I think it really depends on the person, and if you feel you can handle both of them, then go for it!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
4u and ext hist shouldn't be too hard, its all about time management (which im not so good at). And imho, ext hist isn't as much work.

malayz_angel

I did 3 u history and 4 u English last year...trust me, as long as you start early and finish early, you'll be fine. I have memories of frantically typing my history project on the day it was due and typing my English reflection statement TEN MINUTES before it was due. And I still ended up with high E3's for both subjects. As long as you're not too much of a procrastinator, you'll do well :)

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
I do 4U English, Ext. His. and Society and Culture. So, three majors. It's not so bad. I did have thoughts of dropping out of Ext. but seriously, if you know you're good at it, it's worth it in the end. ;)

I say keep it, unless it's showing some sort of consistent drag on your other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)