• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A Bit of a Pickle (1 Viewer)

ciaobella17

HSC
Hey there guys!
So, I've found myself in a bit of a pickle! I have an opportunity to apply for a project run for youth over in East Timor, I wouldn't miss any school time (as its in the July school holidays). However trials are in week 2 or 3 of the following term...the program would mean that I would have two days at home those entire holidays. What do you think? This project has a potential to allow me to do something great for a resume and may even earn me an extra point or so. However, I would miss some vital revision time? HELP?

Thanks a million!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey there guys!
So, I've found myself in a bit of a pickle! I have an opportunity to apply for a project run for youth over in East Timor, I wouldn't miss any school time (as its in the July school holidays). However trials are in week 2 or 3 of the following term...the program would mean that I would have two days at home those entire holidays. What do you think? This project has a potential to allow me to do something great for a resume and may even earn me an extra point or so. However, I would miss some vital revision time? HELP?

Thanks a million!
Make sure you study beforehand then, and maybe even study while you're abroad.

Skeptyks

HSC
Hey there guys!

Thanks a million!
Yeah if you are going, I suggest you work 4x harder than everyone else, beforehand, to make up for the lost 12 days.

mcsausage

HSC
a good mate of mine did the exact same thing. he returned home and then we played in a soccer tournament in melbourne two days later. he did alright despite having about 2-3 days to himself for the holidays!

Galladrim

HSC
Hey there guys!

Thanks a million!
Do it. These kinds of opportunities will not come around again, and believe me they are so worthwhile. It'll simply take foresight and planning to accommodate for the time away. Revise throughout the year and stay up to date and you shouldn't have any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)