• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

a question about changing subjects (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
well i enrolled at sydney uni, and was wonderin i picked all my subjects for sem1 and sem 2.. what if i change my mind, how do i change it ... when is that deadline and how do i change it.. is it through the net, in person....

thanks for your help..

btw its from B science degree.

H@wkeye!

HSC
well i enrolled at sydney uni, and was wonderin i picked all my subjects for sem1 and sem 2.. what if i change my mind, how do i change it ... when is that deadline and how do i change it.. is it through the net, in person....

thanks for your help..

Generally you can change them at any time, cept it's pritty stupid to change subjects after the first few weeks, catching it is nion-impossible. Some unis do have cut off times, but u can definitely do it in the first few weeks and still pass the unit.

conics2008

HSC
hey hawkey, do i have to do it from the uni or online..

I know its stupid changing whilst lecture already started, hey one more thing see how u finished your degree in B economics B arts ??

so what are you working as

H@wkeye!

HSC
hey hawkey, do i have to do it from the uni or online..

I know its stupid changing whilst lecture already started, hey one more thing see how u finished your degree in B economics B arts ??

so what are you working as
Going back to uni, studying full time so no time for full time work, plus money from govt so can only work like 10 hrs a week, so going back to my uni occupation SWIM TEACHING! good money, and fitness....

Umm, lets see, i've not done it, but i've know heaps of people who have. They had to do it from the uni. I think you have to check with the facalty to make sure the change is ok, that there's room in the unit etc. But unless it's a packed unit, or it ahs pre-reqs that you don't have, you'll get in no worries.

Are you a bit unsure about your choices? wanna test the water type thing before deciding about a unit? I'd say, don't leave it more then 2-3 weeks before changing, probably best not to leave it 1 week, as tutes or labs or whatever start after the first weeks (usually) and they're the real important bits

spence

HSC
Enrolment variations are closed atm till (I think) the 13th of Feb. Probably be a good idea to go to the first lectures of all the units you're considering, and then decide

lou071

HSC
N/A

thanks for your help..

i think the deadline is late March

H@wkeye!

HSC
i think the deadline is late March
Tell you what, at this new institution you're about to enter, well as discussed in another thread, it's just SO different from school, what you can do, is go to you enrolled lecture and see how that is. Also, what you can do is go to a lecture (wait for it...) that you're NOT enrolled in (seriously) and check that out. *touch the water* and see if you do actually like the topics, lecturer (sometimes they suck!) and etc.

Then decide.

Easy really. They don't take attendence at lectures (tutes yes...) so someone random being there matters nothing, i've done it a few times, sitting in my (current at the time) gf's lectures seeing how boring they were....

So, hope that helps. PM me if you want to know anymore. I've done a few rounds of the unis (been to 3 in 2 states, and 2 countries...)

*sigh* i feel like a veterin

Miss Winey

HSC
After the 13th Feb, you can vary your enrollment online.

So when you have your Unikey (it should be ABCD1234), log into Myuni and click the tab called "My admin"
and there is an option there called "vary my enrollment"

i vary my enrollment pretty much every semester. As i take my time deciding what i want to do and making my timetable works for me.
You vary your enrolment online upto 20 times.
"vary your enrolment" means dropping and picking up subjects.

They only times you can't vary online is when the course have prerequisites you have haven't completed or if it says "departmental permission", if you have some weird subject that you can't apply online.

Tip:
Part of my degree involves electives, so I usually OVER-enroll at the beginning fo the semester, and then go and try the subject out in the first few weeks, then i decide if i like the lecturer, or if the assessments looks ok....so on the so forth.

if you need more help just PM me!
Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)