• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A rather important Creative Writing question... (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've been reading some replies around here where people say you don't have to stick with physical journeys/whichever one you've been doing when doing the creative writing. I've been taught very differently though - my teacher has drummed it into us again and again that we MUST DO PHYSICAL JOURNEY for our creative writing, and if not we are severely marked down. I did imaginative for my half-yearlies and was marked down pretty bad for that reason. My teacher pointed out the point in the rubric that says 'Express understanding of the journey in the context of your studies' - she says they know which journey you've been studying so we shouldn't try to fool the marker into thinking we've done another one.

Has anyone else been taught this?:worried:

dandel26

HSC
meh, as far as i know you can do any of the three. It only asks you to write an imaginative piece about the concept of journey, its not specific

B35tY

HSC
Nope you can do any. They've got no idea what type of journey you do, because the paper gets split up when it's marked.

Perhaps in your internal assessments they wanted you to do only physicals, but in the externals you can choose whichever you want.

HSC
B35tY said:
Nope you can do any. They've got no idea what type of journey you do, because the paper gets split up when it's marked.

Perhaps in your internal assessments they wanted you to do only physicals, but in the externals you can choose whichever you want.
Ooh... I see. Thanks!:)

VeLdOg

HSC
yes that is right...

youre essay however, should be physical if thats what you studied in class. because u will not be able to relate your text to another journey. Youre creative can even be a combination of two journeys as inner and imagintive can sometimes be confused. or you can have a physical journey which is also imaginitive.
The marker will not no what u have done. And probarly wont care lol... all they no is what is down on your paper.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
Exphate said:
The markers wont know which journey you've done
Yes. Same goes if you use the same related texts for everything. (unless, or course you use the BOS booklett, or one of you core texts)

Just find something your familiar with and write about it. I'm working toward doing a physical journey (enev though I did imaginative journeys) on a bus, going to school. Simple.

Dont forget to use at least 4 different techniques, but that's not hard. For examle...
  • personification
  • metphores / similies
  • alliteration
  • symbol
  • contrast
  • intertextuality
and the list goes on......:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)