• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

a warning from my mum (2 Viewers)

miss_pie

HSC
um to all of you doing emma... incase no one has told you, my mum was saying that she read the book in anticipation of the movie coming out and was really disapointed because the movie is NOTHING like the book, theres even different characters and stuff... so dont rely on the movie :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
maybe she saw a different version, i am sure there would be more than 1 of the classics

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I thought the movie was better than the book, less complex - the book went on too much with sub plots and insignificant characters. There was no different names etc.. i think maybe ur mum saw clueless...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it may be worthwile because there is a discussion, and then you may be able to relate what was discussed to the book

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
thats wat i thought.. im going to ask my english teacher if it should be suggested to the whole class and we should go as a schoolexcursion .. otherwise im just gonna go wit some friends.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have to disagree, l found that the movie of Othello was better than the book - same characters, same events. I don't think l could have understood Othello until l saw the movie.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
i think there should be a new catergorie called "advice from our parent's threads". yeah i would trust you...had you not mentioned the part about your mother. that and im not doing emma/clueless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)