• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

About advance english and scaling (1 Viewer)

wolf7

HSC
is it better to be passing english advance then hammering standard. im not sure about my decision. i doing decent in advance, and im not coming last, im about 67out of a 100. should i stay in advance or drop to standard

P

pLuvia

Remember though, it is extremely hard and nearly impossible to get over 80 in the hsc for standard english, but yes it is better to be on the top of standard than near the bottom of advanced. But asking your teacher would be a wise idea first.

switchblade87

HSC
Doesn't advanced and standard english scale the same?

(If you're confident in getting top 10 at standard, do it; if not stay in advanced, as it was said before its hard to get a band 5/6 in the HSC exam.)

HSC
In advanced or standard? I know it is hard in Advanced English to get a Band 6 because they ask for a lot, but is it possible to get Band 5, or is that just Standard?

P

pLuvia

It is possible to get band 6 and 5 in advanced, but nearly impossible to get it in standard

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
firstly, the most important thing is to make an appointment to talk to your teacher as soon as possible and explain your concerns. they can offer you better advice than any of us can as they will have a far better idea of your potential.
if you decide to stay in advanced and are still concerned over your ranking, than perhaps you should consider asking your teacher to recommend a good tutor? Tutoring can help refine your style, understanding and technique, thus improving your ranking.
lastly, don't rush your decision. you will need to decide reasonably soon, but make sure whatever decision you make is definately the one you feel most comfortable with as it will be difficult to change again later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)