• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Accelerated Mathematics? (1 Viewer)

Petey9

HSC
N/A
Hello Everyone, i have been invited to take part in an accelerated maths class next term (YR11), meaning i have to endure 2 years of maths in one.

I was deciding whether to deny this opportunity, as i do these subjects for yr11:

Engineering Studies (2)
Chemistry (2)
Physics (2)
Biology (2)
Advanced English (2)
Extention 1 Maths (3)

ALL of which require a decent amount of commitment and dedication,

Please share your thoughts/opinions about this.

Thanks

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I was doing similar subjects to you when i did it last year and i highly recommend doing it.

It'll give you a chance to experience the pressure of a HSC exam before year 12 and if you get a great mark you don't have to resit the 2U exam next year. Plus, you can always resit the exam if you're not happy with your mark and most undoubtedly get a higher mark the 2nd time around. You'll also have more freedom to just concentrate on maths because the rest of your subjects are just prelim subjects, so with minimal work you should be able to get decent marks for them.

If you don't do it you'll regret it - this is definitely the case at my school.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I was doing similar subjects to you when i did it last year and i highly recommend doing it.

It'll give you a chance to experience the pressure of a HSC exam before year 12 and if you get a great mark you don't have to resit the 2U exam next year. Plus, you can always resit the exam if you're not happy with your mark and most undoubtedly get a higher mark the 2nd time around. You'll also have more freedom to just concentrate on maths because the rest of your subjects are just prelim subjects, so with minimal work you should be able to get decent marks for them.

If you don't do it you'll regret it - this is definitely the case at my school.
+1

Accelerated Mathematics, or acceleration in general, I think, is one of the greatest initiatives a school can implement and if you're able to do it - embrace the opportunity. Even if you decide to take on Mathematics Extension II like I did, by accelerating maths, I find that you strengthen your foundations and from what I experienced by accelerating Mathematics Extension I is that it is a hell of a lot easier second time round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)