• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

advice on picking mx1?? (does it drive you nuts?) lol (1 Viewer)

12345g

HSC
just wondering... im in yr 10 and i get an average mark of 97 in the top class at a not-so-top school lol... how much effort and time and commitment would you ppl put into mx1??
i kinda want to pick it next year.. i pretty much go to those *dumb schools* as they are considered but im sure that wouldn't be an issue.. nehows lol i don't want all of my hair to fall out half way through the first lesson!!:eek: LOL
oh n btw.. how much does it occupy of ur timetable?
haha thanks.:D:D:D:D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
chances are if you get such a high mark, no matter what school youre in, you should definitely pick up at least maths ext 1...you could always drop it if it gets too difficult
back in my school, if i remember i have 7 periods of maths a week, and that covers the mathematics 2 unit and the extension 1 part of it, so you should put some effort if you want to do relatively well, like all subjects

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
It's usually better to pick up an extension unit if you feel confident in it, as you can always drop it later, while it is harder to pick up an extension unit if you didn't choose it in the first place.

It's an extension on the 2 unit work, and with your marks so far, I'd at least pick it up in year 11, and see how well you do in it.

It depends on your school, in my school it would take up 5 periods, with 2 unit maths taking up 10 periods a fortnight, out of a total of 65 periods in the timetable a fortnight.

zingerburger

HSC
Here here. You should consider doing Extension 1, and if you like it enough or are good at it, do Extension 2 in Year 12!

Seeing as you go to one of the "dumb schools", you likely won't have many other students that will choose Extension 1 or keep it for very long, so there's always the advantage that you'll be in very small class where the teacher can provide more effective assistance one-on-one - unlike the selective school I go to. Funnily enough, I've got a friend that goes to a non-selective public school doing Extension 2. It's only him and the teacher during his Extension 2 periods.

12345g

HSC
haha yay.. thanks for the comments everyone!.. its cool to have advice from ppl apart from those you know too well.. good thinking zingerburger, i never realised the likelyhood of being in a small class at my school.. haha hi5..

conclusion: pick it. try hard. if its too hard; drop it before my hair drops out.
and this goes out too all those ppl picking subjects.

THANKYOU!!.. you ppl are the best..
:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)