• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Batteries question. (1 Viewer)

Jorsborn

HSC
I am doing an assignment on batteries and i am a little confused.

The question is:

Compare the stucture and chemistry of a dry cell and a lithium cell in terms of...

Anyway i don't need the question answered but you can copy it in if you have done it but... I am confused what a lithium cell is.. On the internet there is Lithium-ion cells which look like AA batteries but in a book i have they are shaped like button cells and are different.. So which one should i do my assignment on?? I have been doing it on the ones that look like button cells because their actual name is a lithium cell but my friends are doing it on lithium-ion cells.

Thanks if you even read that.

Joe.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Button cells are not lithium-ion cells. Button cells are completely different things, so you probably saw the wrong thing...They're silver oxide cells o.o

Jorsborn

HSC
Thank you, but thats not the question i asked. I meant:

If my assignment says do research on lithium cells than it is a small button cell shape or a lithium-ion cell?

Please respond fast.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Jorsborn said:
Thank you, but thats not the question i asked. I meant:

If my assignment says do research on lithium cells than it is a small button cell shape or a lithium-ion cell?

Please respond fast.
minijumbuk said:
Button cells are not lithium-ion cells. Button cells are completely different things, so you probably saw the wrong thing...They're silver oxide cells o.o
The lithium ion cell. Like I said, the button shaped cell has got nothing to do with the lithium ion cell. Just google image lithium ion cell, you'll find 0 button shaped cells.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)