• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Belonging Techniques Help (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Need help with English technique? Im doing an essay on Shakespeare's 'As You Like It' and this is a quote I pulled out from the play, it goes:

‘Master, go on, and I will follow thee to the last gasp, with truth and loyalty.

It is a dialogue with Orlando and Adam and I want to express their close friendship and attachment, its just after when Adam offers Orlando his retirement money in exchange for him not to fight his brother Oliver, hope that helps. The essay is about belonging through the concept of relos.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Sorry Integrand, this isn't a maths question.

atcha

HSC
N/A
Is the diction of "truth and loyalty" one? I guess you could talk about the strong connotations of friendship that it holds. Not very strong though :/

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Is the diction of "truth and loyalty" one? I guess you could talk about the strong connotations of friendship that it holds. Not very strong though :/
Thanks atcha

HSC
Need help with English technique? Im doing an essay on Shakespeare's 'As You Like It' and this is a quote I pulled out from the play, it goes:

‘Master, go on, and I will follow thee to the last gasp, with truth and loyalty.

It is a dialogue with Orlando and Adam and I want to express their close friendship and attachment, its just after when Adam offers Orlando his retirement money in exchange for him not to fight his brother Oliver, hope that helps. The essay is about belonging through the concept of relos.
you could say symbolistic words 'master', 'truth', 'loyalty' imply ownership or attachment. It is strong in displaying a committed relationship

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
^nice
I wish I could come up with wording like that on the spot!
He is just so good

Definitely echo snowflake's input. But if you want to make your phrasing precise, maybe word it like this:

Such deeply ingrained psychological desires for meaningful relationships are elucidated in the lexical chain of 'master', 'truth' and 'loyalty', thereby connoting the ways attachments with people procure familial bonds as part of our sense of belonging.
How you do this and word it so nicely and sophisticatedly... I am just blown away...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)