• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best Places to study around UNSW (1 Viewer)

thunda

HSC
I am new to unsw, and i have most of my classes in the lower campus, so where is the best & quietest place to study ova in the lower campus- coz going to the library and coming back down for your next class requires too much effort. :D

gman03

HSC
Try the top of Webster building..... Really big and quiet if no one using the room... uber nice!

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
And also level 6 of the Red Centre, if no students are there.. there plenty of space and quite(except the howling wind)- but its a bit dark.

sunny

meh.
HSC
santaslayer said:
uhh is the library anywhere near ur area..?
thunda said:
coz going to the library and coming back down for your next class requires too much effort
I like working in K17 - rooms are sometimes empty, and wireless Internet access for CSE students.

thunda

HSC
sunny said:
I like working in K17 - rooms are sometimes empty, and wireless Internet access for CSE students.
Where's K17?? i am gonna explore the top floor of webster building option....so are there any more Quiet down the campus (close to like the round house?)

sunny

meh.
HSC
thunda said:
Where's K17??
Its K17 on the map reference. Its the CSE building - behind the mech eng building.

ace

is retired
HSC
sunny said:
The rooms are also always mostly locked.

Underless you were referring to the basement laptop lab.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I quite like the top level of webster myself, but only if you're lucky enough to find it empty. the bigass <strike>beds</strike> couches are quite popular. Otherwise, disused classrooms are handy.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
where can i find the comfiest chairs ?
i dont like sitting on those wood chairs in the lib.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
sunny said:
Its K17 on the map reference. Its the CSE building - behind the mech eng building.
which levels of the k17?
i've never been up there, other than to collect my lab kit the other day

there's this lounge area up the stairs on first level of K17 which i sometimes see people studying, right above the basement wireless lab area, is that postgrads only?

thunda

HSC
Lundy said:
I quite like the top level of webster myself, but only if you're lucky enough to find it empty. the bigass <strike>beds</strike> couches are quite popular. Otherwise, disused classrooms are handy.
yeah, i was there today- but it seems to be a hang out...i don't think you can really do intensive stuff there. :rolleyes:

The tute rooms in the quad. seem very nice and quiet for studying.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
thunda said:
I am new to unsw, and i have most of my classes in the lower campus, so where is the best & quietest place to study ova in the lower campus- coz going to the library and coming back down for your next class requires too much effort. :D
the best place to study near UNSW is UTS library. it's quiet, convenient to transport (so if u leave early u dun have to wait for the 891 queue), and it's next to chinatown :cool:

sunny

meh.
HSC
redslert said:
which levels of the k17?
i've never been up there, other than to collect my lab kit the other day

there's this lounge area up the stairs on first level of K17 which i sometimes see people studying, right above the basement wireless lab area, is that postgrads only?
The basement area is free for all to use. Theres two rooms down there too, B01 and B02 - they're good if theres no classes using them.

sunny

meh.
HSC
No, they're all offices and research labs in the upper levels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)