• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Book Of Revelation (Australian Film) (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I saw this on Sunday when it came out.

I quite enjoyed this film. I need to talk to someone about it!

It seems so weird to watch the process a guy goes through after being sexually assaulted by three women, on film at least. I read reviews that people found the rape scene less disturbing because it was towards a male, not a female, which was a tad weird... now that I think about it, its kinda true and I'm not sure why :/

The cast is amazing! Great Australian actors:

Trailer Here

Tom Long
Greta Scacchi
Colin Friels
Anna Torv

Its arthouse-y, pretty confronting. A good few shots of nudity (and not just of the females for a change). If you're the type that would laugh at a guy who got sexually assaulted and was pretty cut about it then don't watch this movie.

I was really dissatisfied with the end... I liked that whole part in the bar and following the woman to the bathroom and they major "oh shit" feeling, but I wish the movie kept going. There was so much more, but I wouldn't know how else it may have ended.

Maybe as much as I try to watch movies that aren't of hollywood feel, I really wanted Daniel to speak. Too many silences. His girlfriend could have helped him through; her character could have had so much potential in both development, influence and the plot etc.

Good film, good cast, good acting, dark themes, for a mature and open minded audience.

walrusbear

HSC
i couldn't believe this movie was made

i read that book a few years ago. it was incredibly strange and seemed rather pointless
i'd be interested to see how they put in on film
especially with the change of location. the novel is set in amsterdam (sexually aberrant behaviour more plausible??)

lengy

HSC
Yeah I've read reviews on it. I doubt anyone cares if a guy gets raped.

MikiRei

HSC
I came across the book in the bookshop and flipped through it - I'm quite intriguied - prob properly read the book before watching the film :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)