• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can the average still succeed? (1 Viewer)

tigerlily**

HSC
Hey guys,

Im an average student at school. im always ranked around the middle or a lil above. im worried about getting a low mark for my UAI, cos i want 90. I go to a skool that is ranked around 70ish to 80ish. Is it still possible to still catch up?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
As he said, it is still possible to attain your goal. And as with most goals in life, you have to work for it. If your year is anything similar to your previous years, that is ranked 70-80ish, you'd probably still have a good chance of attaining 90 if you try to improve on your marks.

sinist4

HSC
hey guys
what if you go to a school that was ranked, like last? LOL
but get the top(1st) ranks in all his subs ?
ta

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Yes, of course you can. You can always improve. In Mathematics (which didn't count for me and I knew it wouldn't) I was getting between 20 and 50% at school on average, with the trial mark at 55% - placing me close to the bottom of my grade - probably about 10th bottom. However, overall, I ended up getting 75%. Not too shabby. So never fear, your school marks will probably look substantially different to your final hsc marks, just study as hard as you can and try and boost your ranks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)