• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can the school do that??!??!??! (1 Viewer)

HSC
i've just finished my half yearlies today =)...

the thing im pissed off about it that they only lasted for 4 days...only 4 DAYS!!!

our assessment calander says that it should last 2 weeks, but our KLA coordinator set ours for 1 week...and all my 6 exams were squeezed into 4 days! i know ur meant to be well prepared b4 the exams but an extra 12 days DOES help a lot!!
everyone complained but he didn't change it!

can they do that?!??!!...or is there some rules about half yearly exams that they should go for a certain period?...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ours go for a week, my friends school goes for 7 days etc. Really they did what they are allowed to, what would happen if your exams were to be set up so that the last day you have free, would you complain that they didnt take up all the days? If they could fit in a week, why not do it, Im sure if the HSC could be fit in a week or two they probably would do it, but on a large scale it is hard to do so.

Taz-j

should check

I'm pritty sure they can because mine only go for a week, but it wouldn't hurt to call the bored of studies to find out off someon who would really know

HSC
yea, they go for a week, mine only lasts 4 days,...which means i have a 5 day weekend!...when i could of been studying

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Mine always went for 2 weeks, a bit more if they had to.

^___^
HSC
hmmmmmm..

apparently u cannot have more than 3assessments inside a day that is contributing to ur hsc mark

someone check with me on that...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If you are having 4+ assesments your teachers arent setting very long tests.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by Numero Uno
wow ur gonna have to study hard for cafs
so im sure u could get 100% going in and sitting in a cafs hsc exam
there is alot of content you know.. the easy part is making up examples of it.. but u can do that in heaps of other subjects

alby

cool duckie
HSC
cafs=community & family studies

mine are from the 22nd to the 5th....11 skool days, with a pupil free in there aswell lol
only got 1 double...some of my m8s have 2 double days (1 has 2 doubles in a row!)..the most they have on is 2 so we cant complain
yay! i get my bday off!!!!! go my timetable!
heheh 2wks of 1/2 yrlies, 2 days of skool, 2 wks of hols, 1 day of skool, 3 days of retreat...may aswell give us 5 wks off! lolz

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
half yearly timetable is up to the school. The HSC (obviously) and the trials are externally set as it is a common "paper" .
Ours are 5 days (next week) as the school decided that to take an un-necessary week out of the t/t isnt worth it in the longrun+ it doesnt give people time to "stress" in between exams ie you are kept busy and on track.......

Leng

Originally posted by ...
hmmmmmm..

apparently u cannot have more than 3assessments inside a day that is contributing to ur hsc mark

someone check with me on that...
Yes, that's what I've been told. In the past when my school's arranged for more than 3 assessment tasks on the same day, we've always been able to protest and get one of them moved.

It's worth looking up the Board of Studies and seeing whether it is an actual rule, or whether most schools are just being nice about exams.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
it wouldn't matter really because the whole of the year would be under the same conditions and the same exam congestion so it would kind of even itself out rank wise

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
so im sure u could get 100% going in and sitting in a cafs hsc exam
there is alot of content you know.. the easy part is making up examples of it.. but u can do that in heaps of other subjects
yeah Cafs is hard but its all bs(memorising) just like other subjects eg business studies and bio i got friends doing it(cafs) and they are all planning to drop it next year , seen some of the assignments they got.. eg how many people in ur family , what type of job do they have .. ??
quite strange ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)