• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Changing Major? (1 Viewer)

KaKaPooP

HSC
I'm doing Comm/Law at the moment, and I've started on doing an Accounting major, but now I'm wondering whether I can change to a Finance major. Problem is I've done 1 too many units of accounting, and I can't slot in enough Finance units.

I was wondering whether anybody has tried to change majors after they have done too many units, and whether it is possible, by doing an extra unit and overload (or another way which I haven't thought of).

Thanks

SurferNerd

HSC
N/A
Hey man, I do comm/law and can't pick between accy or fin (need a decision soon)

Can u give me the pro's/con's the way u see it between the two and why your changing?

04er

HSC
you would need to ask your student office..

pros of finance:
-more practical, less theoretical
-more interesting

imo anyway

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
KaKaPooP said:
I'm doing Comm/Law at the moment, and I've started on doing an Accounting major, but now I'm wondering whether I can change to a Finance major. Problem is I've done 1 too many units of accounting, and I can't slot in enough Finance units.

I was wondering whether anybody has tried to change majors after they have done too many units, and whether it is possible, by doing an extra unit and overload (or another way which I haven't thought of).

Thanks
You'd be best off making an appointment and talking with your Commerce program officer.

Worse case scenario you could look at doing summer school and making up the courses there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)