• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Chemistry or Physics? To take a break with P&P or keep grinding? (1 Viewer)

7neoxis1337

HSC
So I have a 2 questions to ask you guys:
1) Im currently doing B.Eng and B.Science and this up coming semester 1 (2nd Yr) I have a free slot that isn't fixed for Engineering. Should I take a break and do some easy people & planet units or to get started doing my B.Science portion of the degree?
- My Schedule for this year so far is:
-Sem 1: ENGG250(Materials), ENGG200(Engineering Practice),MATH235(Mathematics 2A), Free slot
-Sem 2: MECH201(Engineering Dynamics), MECH202(Fluid Dynamics),MECH203(Mechanical Designs 1),MECH204(Mechanics of Solids)

-For those saying to take on a people and planet, which is the easiest and least time consuming unit with little to no public speaking? ^^

2) Im currently stuck between choosing to go down the Physics or Chemistry road. Initially (In year 1) I thought about doing Chemistry as I was quite good at it in highschool and it was my favourite subject, as opposed to physics which I hated and dropped in year 11. But after doing PHYS143 and PHYS140, I found that I was quite good at the subject (I think 81.5 average for both subject is decent?) and that I was enjoying the it. I just wanted to know which of those 2 sciences would be best suited for a Mechanical Engineering major (Possibly focusing on Mining in the future). Also, between undergrad level Quantum Mechanics ( Physics ) and Organic Chemistry, which is harder?

PS: my Physics professor recommended I choose physics (duh) bebcause B.Eng + Physics makes more money on average supposedly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)