• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

civil scholarship (1 Viewer)

laney

HSC
i know some of the people who got scholarships (not sure which ones though) but they're smart, very smart.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
laney said:
yes, but the scholarship holders have uais of 98, 99
fuck then i'm fucked.. no chance... if someone gets 98 wat is the point of do a course 20 points below.... no sense :uhhuh:

laney

HSC
there's a point to do the course, there's not a lot of point applying for the scholarships. but then again, scholarship holders are the high academic achievers.

the point doing a course, even if you have a lower uai is not to compete with the other students, it's so you can get a degree.

sunny

meh.
HSC
notnownotever said:
if someone gets 98 wat is the point of do a course 20 points below.... no sense :uhhuh:
That is exactly the attitude of a Year 12 student who has no idea how UAI cut offs work.

Lets just say hypothically speaking, the UAI cut off for law was 75, and a student who is set on becoming a lawyer one day sees the cut off for an engineering degree is 99. Would the student dump everything he wants to be and go do engineering because it has a higher UAI cut off and therefore must be "better"?

Most probably not. People who pick courses based on UAI cut offs because they think is better is making one of the biggest mistake of their lives. UAI cut offs only indicate the volume of people applied for the course, not how good it is.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
sunny said:
That is exactly the attitude of a Year 12 student who has no idea how UAI cut offs work.

Lets just say hypothically speaking, the UAI cut off for law was 75, and a student who is set on becoming a lawyer one day sees the cut off for an engineering degree is 99. Would the student dump everything he wants to be and go do engineering because it has a higher UAI cut off and therefore must be "better"?

Most probably not. People who pick courses based on UAI cut offs because they think is better is making one of the biggest mistake of their lives. UAI cut offs only indicate the volume of people applied for the course, not how good it is.
yeap, that is my attitude cause i dont know how the fuck the system works ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)