• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Computer problem (1 Viewer)

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
When i play games eg Tomb raider anniversary on my pc after a while it starts making little beep noises from inside and then tick tick sounds and after that my pc freezes and then screen cuts out saying no signal at this point the comp is frozen on a blank screen.

Can anyone help me with the issue? can it be my cpu (4 yrs old), hd (3yrs old) or graphics card ( which i bought like a week ago ati 2600xt). Also im not overclocking anything.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
the beeping noise is coming from ur motherboard. if you have the motherboard manual or find it online, determine how many beeps the motherboard makes, the manual will have a page which tells you how many beeps represents what (e.g video card error, cpu error or what not).

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Well im thinking thats its my cpu cause i think the little beep sounds and ticks are coming from the vcore. Also i have no speaker in my pc tower so i have no real beep sound, its more like a screech.

Im gonna try regreasing the cpu. Thanks.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
lol i was interested in a mac laptop but it was too expensive for such a crappy machine (the specs werent special).

NovaAesa

HSC
the ticking might be comming from a ribbon or cable hitting a fan.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
nope i checked all that, everythings neat so nothin touches. What i just did now is take cpu off and regrease + cleaned it and it seems ok for now. I think i may have temperature issues as cpu rises to 50 degrees lol

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
jezzmo said:
Beep tick tick tick sounds more like a hard drive fail to me, but then maybe the onomatopoeia sounds different in my head. Is it a short not-so-loud beep or one of those loud POST beeps?
its a beep that comes and goes during gameplay and its very dimm, but i think its fixed as it doesnt happen anymore since i regreased my cpu.

sunny

meh.
HSC
They're usually temperature related beeps as you've found. Try see if something like SpeedFan supports your motherboard so you can keep an eye on the temperature.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
sunny said:
They're usually temperature related beeps as you've found. Try see if something like SpeedFan supports your motherboard so you can keep an eye on the temperature.
yep i have a winfast program which shows my cpu/chipset temperature, cpu fan speed, on board fan speed and case fan speed. The temps still rise to about 40-50, but is around 40 average, but i guess since is an amd and im using a stock cooler its alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)