• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Confused about the "offers" on UAC (1 Viewer)

ho3zay_

HSC
Hey everyone, I am new here, thought I would register and browse around.

I saw on the UAC website, there's an offer round table @ the bottom of the site, it states apply by, documents by, offers released etc etc..

If I understand it correctly, it is saying the first round of uni offers to students are notified to the students via UAC on the 29th Oct 2009 (during the October round), what I wish to ask is, how do they determine who gets a position @ the uni, considering the HSC is not even completed and ATAR cannot be calculated?

Please correct me if I defined a wrong definition of "offers" and clarify for me.

Thanks everyone, Jose.

astroe

HSC
In special circumstances, students of high academic achievement are sometimes given university offers before the HSC, but they would have gotten the score anyway.

I can't really cite any sources, but I think it's true from what I've heard around, it would make sense too as offers are what they mean.
I think this thread might be better in the General University Discussion section.

Last edited:

ho3zay_

HSC
Ah okay, now I understand, which offer round is the one when most universities look at your ATAR and decide if they shall offer you a spot?

Thanks in advance.

astroe

HSC
I think that's the Main Round, it's usually after the Universities have their last open day which is in the first few days of January.
Like we find out out ATAR's on December 16th, so we have up until the Main Round offers close, on 6th January.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)