• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Core texts for Inner Journeys, anyone doing "Life is Beautiful"??? (1 Viewer)

sophiebear

Is anyone doing Life is Beautiful... i would love to know opinions on how the concept of the journey is explored in Life is Beautiful.... techniques, anything????
and any additional texts that relate to the concept of the journey portrayed in Life is Beautiful

the questions

well I have to say that I am confused about Life is Beautiful's inner journey. I know some teachers are focusing on the inner journey as Joshuas- as the voice over at the beginning and the end establish that it is a recount, while, other teachers are focusing on guido and Doras inner journeys....
Please tell me what everyone else is doing>!>!

sophiebear

YAY someone else is doing it as a text!!!!

we havn't been led to one focus we have been encouraged ot explore all the journeys, i am using both that you mentioned so that they can be linked to different concepts i.e joshuas journey is the reflective journey, journey influenced by other people's experiences etc etc, while guido goes on a journey of personal growth from the fool/clown to the tragicomic shakespearian wise fool. Dora's journey is a bit lacking... rich girl goes on to learn there is more to life than her charmed exsistance, puts her life on the line for love...

i think the best thing to do is to focus on both joshua and guido and how they impact off each other

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by the questions
well I have to say that I am confused about Life is Beautiful's inner journey. I know some teachers are focusing on the inner journey as Joshuas- as the voice over at the beginning and the end establish that it is a recount, while, other teachers are focusing on guido and Doras inner journeys....
Please tell me what everyone else is doing>!>!
You would be wise to do all that you can find, as then you can suit more questions instead of trying to adapt the one situation to many questions plus it enables you to fully understand the situation and how they relate together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)