• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

critique of the creative process (1 Viewer)

MJRey

HSC
I have a new laptop now but I could see if I can dig up mine (I did an essay though so not sure if that'd help since you're doing a creative piece but the offer's there regardless).

elliott07

🌙
HSC
I have a new laptop now but I could see if I can dig up mine (I did an essay though so not sure if that'd help since you're doing a creative piece but the offer's there regardless).
hey!! I got a super quick question if that's okay,

one of my inspirations for employing a triptych structure for my work was from Seamus Heany's poem 'triptych' and im not sure if I should mention this in my critique/reflection. could I say that because I really liked how he was able to convey a journey / show different elements in the subject matter and therefore I was inspired to manipulate a triptych structure from a poem to a short story form to create textual integrity perhaps?

MJRey

HSC
Yes of course you should mention this! It even says on NESA's official website that "The student considers how their skills and knowledge of their chosen form have evolved and why. They reflect on particular creative features of their work..." So you can mention that knowledge of your chosen form has evolved since the structure of your narrative is an important part of displaying your character's journey like you pointed out. Even 1984 implements a three part structure, so as long as you can justify it (as you seem to have already) you'll have no issues.

If you have any other questions please let me know, and check your dms in the coming days since I'll be able to shoot you my critique of the creative process if you'd like a comparison.

elliott07

🌙
HSC
Yes of course you should mention this! It even says on NESA's official website that "The student considers how their skills and knowledge of their chosen form have evolved and why. They reflect on particular creative features of their work..." So you can mention that knowledge of your chosen form has evolved since the structure of your narrative is an important part of displaying your character's journey like you pointed out. Even 1984 implements a three part structure, so as long as you can justify it (as you seem to have already) you'll have no issues.
Yeahh I was going to say about 1984 because that is also a text we studied in Advanced English.

If you have any other questions please let me know, and check your dms in the coming days since I'll be able to shoot you my critique of the creative process if you'd like a comparison.
thank you so much honestly!! Yes that would be great, Im wrapping up proofreading over my task currently and ill send it over when done :)

elliott07

🌙
HSC

sorry for all the questions!! but I was wondering should we be doing the linking to the advanced and extension 1 course in the critique like the reflection statement? or is that uneccesary for this task. Thanks!

MJRey

HSC
Yes, linking to your advanced and extension 1 influences are good because drawing on these are part of your creative process, are they not? I did this for my critique and received a good mark (pretty sure it was 17/20 but I don't have my exact mark with me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)