• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Data Structures and Procedural Programming worst core subject? (1 Viewer)

Crammer

HSC
N/A
The final exam is a couple of days away, i'm a bit worried because i know a few friends who have failed it a couple of times. I failed the mid term online exam so did about 80% or so in the subject. I have to get 50%. On top of that we have a stubborn lecturer who gives no hints AT ALL on what will be covered "Yeah, all the material will be covered". He won't admit that he's online test was too hard, instead he blamed the students and being worried about them. He has a terrible marking system, where you have to get the complete program modification working otherwise you get a 0.

Don't get me wrong, i don't hate programming. I love java, but the approach and how the subject has been brought forward has been the worst in my experience. I was intrested in doing some .NET electives, but this has completely turned me off.

Has anyone did this hideous subject that could shed some light?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The final exam isn't too hard, so don't worry. At least its all MC (well I hope it still is?). Don't let it put you off programmiing though, especially .NET. The .NET subjects are great!

Crammer

HSC
N/A
Yep it's still MC. I don't know. There's some sample questions, the only thing that's worrying me is MCQ+code makes it more difficult. I guess i can try memorise the code? What's the best approach?

Crammer

HSC
N/A
Well the 'big' day is finally over. I'm not sure how i went. I just hope i passed C is such a nuisance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)