• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Depression & University. (1 Viewer)

GinoIs

HSC
Am I just the only one?
It's nothing major - I don't want to kill myself or slit my wrist or anything. But just before big assignments are due and big exams are coming up - I get a surge of a low feeling.

I'm not sure how to describe it - but it's a low where you feel like you're trying to climb a fucking huge mountain with weights tying you down...
... Just emotionally draining. A hug can go a long way right about now...
I’m not asking for sympathy – I’m just wondering if i’m not the only one and if not – how do you guys cope with the stress?

X

xeuyrawp

*hug*

Yeah I'm doing an assessment now which is due tomorrow at 6pm. Have like 20 hours left to do. I also need to somehow get to Fisher library and back. >_<

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
and here i was thinking yr 12 was the struggle, fuck

*hugs you

just think of all your achievements up to this point, they must be many if you are at uni at all :)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Yeah.

Uber stress isn't exactly great for the psyche.

I always just know that eventually it will get done and handed in. I rarely think about what needs to get done between now and when it's due but knowing that eventually it'll be over is always nice.

GinoIs

HSC
carrots please! said:
just think of all your achievements up to this point, they must be many if you are at uni at all :)
All amounts to an Epic fail.

DownInFlames said:
tbh that's why I buy starbursts like, every day.
something that gives you temporary happy feeling
:)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
GinoIs said:
Am I just the only one?
It's nothing major - I don't want to kill myself or slit my wrist or anything. But just before big assignments are due and big exams are coming up - I get a surge of a low feeling.

I'm not sure how to describe it - but it's a low where you feel like you're trying to climb a fucking huge mountain with weights tying you down...
I’m not asking for sympathy – I’m just wondering if i’m not the only one and if not – how do you guys cope with the stress?
i try to start every thing so i only need to write about 500 words per day... something realistic.. and then ... a couple of proof reads :p..

sometimes u have to figure wat works.. reduces my stress

Trajan

HSC
GinoIs said:
Am I just the only one?

Hey man, don't stress out like that over exams............They are just exams!

Also it's perfectly normal for you to be a little anxious about sitting an exam , Correct me if I am wrong but most students throughout the ages have felt this way.

No, you aren't the only one. Coping with stress; talking sh$t with tha boys, shooting hoops, whatever works for you.

Even Trajan gets a little worried about things from time to time.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
GinoIs said:
Am I just the only one?

Aww *hugs*

Dont worry, uni can do that to you. But trust me, once semester is over, and you see that you've actually finished and passed your subjects, you'll feel way better about yourself even if your marks aren't all that great. When i feel like that, i keep imagining how awesome and cool it'll be like once i graduate, you'll feel better about yourself when you feel that you are going to acheive something. so just think about that :)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
DownInFlames said:
You're not the only one.

tbh that's why I buy starbursts like, every day.

Find something that gives you temporary happy feeling and dose yourself on it regularly till the holidays.
Not a good idea when its chocolate :( I have eaten way to much of it this semester lol. Same with caffeine.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Same here man, I am feeling pretty down because it's gonna be non-stop marathon of assignments/exams till the holidays so you're certainly not the only one.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
blakegman said:
i talk about myself in 3rd person.
You fail at third person.

And I'm feeling depressed right now, I'm just finishing a massive week with about 8,000 words worth of assignment stuff- just spent a whole weekend with my boyfriend and we studied for 8 hours each day, how romantic!

I'll feel better tomorrow.

dm4n

HSC
want a hug? :D

tbh uni is like this and the only way to overcome the stress is to do your work consistently which has helped for me so far

GinoIs

HSC
Currently I have one of those First year Group assignments so everyone can get on Par with the expected uni-standards.

... And not everyone is pulling their weight - which just puts more work load on others. It's gotten to the point where its too late to tell lecturers and tutors as well.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Oh, the joys of group projects.

11,000 word group report due in 2 weeks :(

iamsickofyear12

HSC
GinoIs said:
Currently I have one of those First year Group assignments so everyone can get on Par with the expected uni-standards.

... And not everyone is pulling their weight - which just puts more work load on others. It's gotten to the point where its too late to tell lecturers and tutors as well.
Get used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)