• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do you have objections to eating farmed dolphin/monkeys etc (3 Viewers)

Do you have objections to eating farmed dolphin/monkey etc

• Total voters

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why do people object to eating animals like dolphins and monkeys but not (to an extent, hippies dont count) cows, pigs etc?

Is it due to intelligence? Cuteness? or just because cows etc are farmed specially for the purpose of eating.

If this is the case, would you eat monkey, dolphin, whale etc if it was farmed (ethically of course)?

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Well...monkeys are thought to be what caused HIV, so no.

And trying to farm a dolphin or a whale would be one hard thing to do.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
how so? make a big lake, chuck some dolphins in some pens, feed them fish, harvest when big enough and eat teh cunts

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah but the reason why you can farm chickens, tuna and salmon is because they are relatively small and can produce large amounts of food in a short time.

Whales take ages to gestate and Females give birth to a single calf as a result of a pregnancy. Nursing time is more than one year in many species, which is associated with a strong bond between mother and young. Reproductive maturity occurs typically at seven to ten years.

For profit, you would have to wait several years, not to mention whales are huge.

Also both animals are relatively smart, apparently whales can mourn.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah but the reason why you can farm chickens, tuna and salmon is because they are relatively small and can produce large amounts of food in a short time.

Whales take ages to gestate and Females give birth to a single calf as a result of a pregnancy. Nursing time is more than one year in many species, which is associated with a strong bond between mother and young. Reproductive maturity occurs typically at seven to ten years.

For profit, you would have to wait several years, not to mention whales are huge.

Tuna are fucking huge

All this is besides the point. We are assuming it is cost effective to farm them.

Pigs are pretty smart too. Why should their intelligence be taken into account? Galahs can mourn. Big deal. Does their intelligence benefit us in any way? Their intelligence is only relitive too. All animals are intelligent to an extent. Where is the cut off. Why do we say sheep are dumb enough to be farmed for food but whales arent?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
tuna, pork meat, chicken meat and beef meat are everyone's favourite fat building foods when the wrong portion is eaten e.g. skin, fat, not the lean meat.

i do not object to eating other animals like dolphen, tiger, monkey or tsuchinoko.
they may be intelligent but then i outwit them and kill them for food.
necessary for survival.

society is too used to beefs, chickens, pigs, sheeps.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
dolphins are [/i]too[/i] smart to be farmed.

i wouldn't oppose people eating them (i wouldn't), but i wouldn't like to see them be farmed either.

nor pigs, for that matter.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
dolphins are [/i]too[/i] smart to be farmed.

i wouldn't oppose people eating them (i wouldn't), but i wouldn't like to see them be farmed either.

nor pigs, for that matter.

why are dolphins too smart to be farmed but turkeys arent lol

where did this arbitrary intelligence line come from

all animals that are x smart cant be farmed but all animals that arent that smart can

sounds pretty ridanculous to me eh

especially considering they are all dumber than us and none of them contribute to society via utilising their smarts (except for select examples like blinds dogs and shit)

infact i argue that sheep contribute more to society through providing us with wool and lamb chops than dolphins ever could

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
u got nothin u dog

i bought a cylinder of gas from the metal fab place nextdoor and mixed it with some nitrogen and car exhaust and put it in individual bags, one for each breath.

i contribute more to society than you ever will okay arts/science student cunt

i provide infrastructure (indirectly AND directly) to the public for an inflated price alright.
what do you do, press buttons on rides and clean up spew and debate communism and have promiscuous (well not you but other artfags) sex eh

Edit: sorry i forgot about your future career at maccas bro

ill come visit you when your working there and order like 300 cheeseburgers with my huge engineering salary okay

Last edited:

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
this is the same logic that decided that dolphins are too smart to be eaten but pigs arent.

this is why intelligence should not be a factor in deciding what we eat.

do you get it

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
and no you wouldn't, obviously humans are different to animals. Im asking, why do people object to eating animals with a slight advantage in intelligence over other breeds?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
pigs are v smart. Only jewish islams object to them

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Whales and dolphins are very, very, very smart. Depending on the species, they're smart enough to have regional cultures. They're probably smarter than chimpanzees, though it's hard to compare them (and them to us).

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
Whales and dolphins are very, very, very smart. Depending on the species, they're smart enough to have regional cultures. They're probably smarter than chimpanzees, though it's hard to compare them (and them to us).
okay so why should we not eat an animal based on its intelligence please no one has answered this

why are pigs not smart enough to be spared but dolphins are?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
okay so why should we not eat an animal based on its intelligence please no one has answered this

why are pigs not smart enough to be spared but dolphins are?
Because there comes a point when something is smart enough to be sentient, which whales and dolphins arguably are, and pigs are not. I don't know about you, but our sentience is really the only thing that separates humans from the rest of the animal kingdom - do you feel comfortable EATING something sentient, like you are?

EDIT: Pigs are as smart or possibly just a little smarter than your average dog. Nowhere near as smart as certain cetaceans.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
and hindus object to cows dont u know

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
Because there comes a point when something is smart enough to be sentient, which whales and dolphins arguably are, and pigs are not. I don't know about you, but our sentience is really the only thing that separates humans from the rest of the animal kingdom - do you feel comfortable EATING something sentient, like you are?

EDIT: Pigs are as smart or possibly just a little smarter than your average dog. Nowhere near as smart as certain cetaceans.
pigs arent sentient now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)