• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone else sleep in their car? (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

I have been napping in my car almost every single uni day from about 8am-noon for the past few weeks (long story involving skipping lectures, naughty me). Additionally, since I get to uni at such an ungodly hour I tend to park in the same place each day as well... I'm getting a little paranoid that the people who park next to me (as I generally get there earlier than they do) are getting weirded out and thinking I basically live on campus/in my car.

So for moral support purposes I would like to know who else on BOS sleeps in their car :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
hahahaha. what your subconsciosuly saying is 'im in the same spot each day, im asleep and i wouldnt know if you were stalking me - so please do!' If you really want to be stalked, just tell us where you park each day and i'll bring the photography club along and we can take some groovy pictures of you asleep in your car :p

As for me, i dont sleep in my car...it would hurt my back (and the library chairs are slightly more comfortable). If you want a good place to sleep, you should check out those really nice chairs at the entrance of the library (where the newspapers are). heaps of people sleep there (i do quite a bit). But i doubt anyones noticing or thinking much if you sleep in your car. Ive seen a few people asleep in their cars (ive even seen a couple making out in the car..like reallly getting it on :p) and i havent thought much, so dont worry too much Glitter!!! :)

*hunts around the parked cars looking for glitter*

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
hahahaha. what your subconsciosuly saying is 'im in the same spot each day, im asleep and i wouldnt know if you were stalking me - so please do!' If you really want to be stalked, just tell us where you park each day and i'll bring the photography club along and we can take some groovy pictures of you asleep in your car :p
Oohh, you have hit upon my special secret! :eek: I get so lonely when I'm unconscious.

But now I'm too scared to say where I park!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Oohh, you have hit upon my special secret! :eek: I get so lonely when I'm unconscious.

But now I'm too scared to say where I park!
hehehehhe Its ok. I have unfinished stalking business, so i wont be able to start this operation until mid October at the latest...

*looks at stalking schedule with a big 'No.1' written next to Iambored's name and shakes fist at sky*

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no i don't sleep in cars in carparks

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
nah its not that abnormal

and usually depends what time these ppl are checking you out, i mean if i see someone there sleeping in their car, 9:30am, then yeah..you will think they've been there since last night
but if it was like.. noonish..or slightly earlier, than theres nothing to worry about from my pov

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i used to sleep in my car last year but i tend not to get tired in the daytime anymore as i used to last year (probably because i always get my 6 hours of sleep a night now)

I don't sleep in my car but i used to study in it ALOT! .. i would come to uni at 6 o clock with a pillow and a blanket in the morning of an exam and study up until my exam.. its a great place to study (coz it forces u to study and i can never study for anything at home.

i'll probably be doing the same thing this year too :) as im finding it extra hard to study this semester too!

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Get heavily tinted windows.

Or trade in your current car for a van, then insert bed into van. Then it'll be like a mobile home (or mobile bedroom).

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
the annoying, bossy and hitler grandma just came from overseas and she’s making my morning hell! so from this week onwards, i'll be sleeping in the car on wed & thurs from 9.30-1 at c3 carpark :p

lmnopq

HSC
i sleep in my car if i have a break in between classes but i don't think i've ever skipped a lesson to sleep in my car... i would just stay home (or go home) and sleep in my bed

i have another question for u guys... have you ever gone to your car to sleep/study/chuck things in ur car and then someone thought that you were leaving... but you feel bad so you move your car and go and find another spot?

i have when i've had an hour break... i feel guilty if i don't... like why should i waste a parking spot when someone else may need it more than me at that particular time.

^___^
HSC
hahaha
what happens if you cant find a parking spot afterwards? who is going to feel sorry for you then?

usually if i do that, a soon as i see someone following me, i just shake my head and yell out "sorry mate, not leaving", and if not all, most of the time just say thanks and drive off
better tell them early, then keep their hopes up :)

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
Are you crazy? Moving your car just so someone else can park in that space??? Unless you really got a bad parking spot, then that parking spot is essentially yours and there is absolutely nothing to feel guilty about it. I always get things from the car and drop things off, its my little locker so to speak.

Im most likely going to study in the car during exam time, esp when its all wet and gloomy and all ze asians have taken ze tables, sleeping is another matter for later consideration =D

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lol thats cute gigglefairy :p

Get really tinted windows like bscienceboi suggests

HSC
N/A
SuGa BunI =D said:
the annoying, bossy and hitler grandma just came from overseas and she’s making my morning hell! so from this week onwards, i'll be sleeping in the car on wed & thurs from 9.30-1 at c3 carpark :p
Come sleep next to MY car! Then we can be car-sleeping buddies! :D

I park in either C1 or C3. Whichever one is closest to W2.

iwannarock

HSC
you know what i want to do...

i wanna buy a kombi van and get a bed in it and do the same thing. except sorta live in the car park.

buy one of those camping shower things that you hang on a tree. or bathe in the lake like that bum from happy gilmore

also i'd combine it with my goal of summer......banjo playing.........i'd get a foldable chair.......sit outside my kombi.........yeah thats nice.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
lmnopq said:
i have another question for u guys... have you ever gone to your car to sleep/study/chuck things in ur car and then someone thought that you were leaving... but you feel bad so you move your car and go and find another spot?

i have when i've had an hour break... i feel guilty if i don't... like why should i waste a parking spot when someone else may need it more than me at that particular time.
omg! are u serious?! why the hell do u need to give them the spot? you were there first. You know what is the exact opposite of doing this? You can pull this prank in a crowded shopping centre parking lot: Well you kno when you walk to get your car, and sometimes ppl follow you to see where you've parked, so they can take your spot? well what is funny is you walk past your parked car, about 10 cars ahead, and get your keys out and start pressing the keys, pretending to open the car using remote control keys. It's even better if you do this to a nice flash car. Well anyway, it's not your car, so then you walk back to your car, which is about 10 cars back. And if there's a car behind the waiting car, then the car waiting for your space can't reverse. What ends up happening is the 2nd car takes your spot instead, and the 1st guy gets totally angry. hahaha, and he can't do anything about it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
you know what i want to do...

i wanna buy a kombi van and get a bed in it and do the same thing. except sorta live in the car park.

buy one of those camping shower things that you hang on a tree. or bathe in the lake like that bum from happy gilmore

also i'd combine it with my goal of summer......banjo playing.........i'd get a foldable chair.......sit outside my kombi.........yeah thats nice.
Why a kombi? When you can have a bus :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Come sleep next to MY car! Then we can be car-sleeping buddies! :D

I park in either C1 or C3. Whichever one is closest to W2.
lol. im usually around there looking for my car. Almost 75% of the time, if my car isnt in the usual spot i forget where i put it and search for about 15 minutes. If you ever see me lurking around, its very likely that im looking for my own car and not trying to stalk you.lol. so dont fear!

lmnopq

HSC
EATAPIE said:
omg! are u serious?! why the hell do u need to give them the spot? you were there first. You know what is the exact opposite of doing this? You can pull this prank in a crowded shopping centre parking lot: Well you kno when you walk to get your car, and sometimes ppl follow you to see where you've parked, so they can take your spot? well what is funny is you walk past your parked car, about 10 cars ahead, and get your keys out and start pressing the keys, pretending to open the car using remote control keys. It's even better if you do this to a nice flash car. Well anyway, it's not your car, so then you walk back to your car, which is about 10 cars back. And if there's a car behind the waiting car, then the car waiting for your space can't reverse. What ends up happening is the 2nd car takes your spot instead, and the 1st guy gets totally angry. hahaha, and he can't do anything about it.
bahahah that is SO EVIL! i don't think i could ever do that, coz i have a CONSCIENCE!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
geez you people actually know the names of the car parks. I refuse to park anywhere but the parking block that links right to the stairs at the front of the uni that lead to the library. And not even in the first one that you drive straight into in that section where the pay thing is because there is no footpath. Just dont like that one.

I couldnt sleep in my car. Ive tried but i cant sleep sitting up and my back seat is way too small. I cant lie down. I have tried studying in there but my cd player is too much of a distraction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)