• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does arranging your study table in a certain way influence the efficiency of work (1 Viewer)

SanjoyM

HSC
"Does arranging or organising your study table in a certain manner influnece or increase your concentration or efficiency of your work?"
Some people say, "Clean study table = clean mind" ?

What's your view on this?
If you have any tips on how to organise your study table to obtain optimal efficiency and concentration, it would be truly appreciated:)

Coookies

HSC
I think a clean table definitely helps,
1) its more organised
2) you don't have to find anything
3) won't lose motivation in the time you're trying to find something
4) have lots of space to do your work

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, it would help. Let's go and have a look at this:

Timetable A: Sleep-->School-->Sleep-->Dinner-->Study-->Eat-->Sleep
This is not a good timetable and will not be efficient.
Timetable B: Sleep-->School-->Rest-->Study-->Dinner-->Rest-->Study-->Free Time-->Sleep
This is better (IMO) since it gives you periods where you're not totally doing work. Having breaks keeps you from burning out.
Likewise, having something like Sleep-->School-->Study-->Dinner-->Study-->Sleep is not good since it is just too much. Constantly studying isn't the way to go and I'd suspect someone doing this would probably burn out quickly.

ibbybiby

HSC
I think that you just need to be motivated and have enough concentration to not get distracted. I should really get a study timetable or something, but I find that by studying according to priorities is working just fine.
Your study table really should have nothing more than your books and stuff. Otherwise it isn't really a study table anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)