• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Double 3 month suspension? (1 Viewer)

Simply AD

Danski
HSC
So first off. Keep in mind that there are 3 speeding offences that have occured (all camera, -10kms over), all within 3 months of each other between August-June 2010. I got a suspension in October 6th 2010 and just got my license back earlier this month.

I just got another letter a week ago notifying me that my license will be again, suspended Feb 11th for another 3 months, for 2 offences that occurred August/May last year. I'm not sure if this is worth disputing in court for, I won't be using the license for the next 3 months, but the freedom to drive around short distances would be nice.

Just wondering if this is a mistake with RTA's system (meaning, I shouldn't be suspended again) or is it perfectly reasonable on their behalf? I've been told both by various sources.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm... assuming you are on green P's, those <10km/h over speeding offences shouldn't do much more than take a very small amount of demerit points off you (well, technically it gives you demerit points). To get a suspension as a result must've arisen because you exhausted your demerit points/exceeded the maximum you can accrue in a given time period. Based on this you should only have received one suspension of 3 months per http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/demeritpoints/ ... furthermore, the same offences can't contribute to another suspension within the same 3 year period per http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/demeritpoints/demerit_point_faqs.html

What were the offences in August/May? Were they >30km/h over for example (which attracts an automatic suspension)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)