• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Emily Dickinson belonging Related Texts (1 Viewer)

pyroflamer

HSC
hi everyone~
ive been struggling to find any related texts for emily dickinson's poems to do with her relationship with people and nature. Ive tried using shaun tan's 'the arrival' but our teacher says these two texts are too different as one is about a cultural belonging whereas the other is belonging with nature. and google searches so far have been largely unsuccessful :/ i would hugely appreciate it if anyone could suggest any short related texts that are suitable for this module in different media eg short stories.. poems.

THANKS in advance

Ncro

HSC
Hi, Google searches didn't really help me either, but i found that the 1985 film The Breakfast Club' was a really easy test to analyse and compare with Emily Dickinson's poetry. you can relate it to belonging or not belonging, and a whole range of other things. There are numerous techniques you can mention such as costuming, set design and props. If you have trouble analysing it, just look up 'Breakfast Club belonging' in Google, some people have really good ideas about how to relate this text to the subject.

Hope that was helpful, sorry if it wasnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)