• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Engineering (Aeronautical) at Sydney (1 Viewer)

Glider05

HSC
Hey, I'm interested in B Engineering (Aeronautical Engineering) at University of Sydney...the cut-off for last year was 91.5...and I'd be really interested to hear about whether people think that is going to rise higher?
Because the year before it was 92.9, and the year before that 92.8.......and plus there is a rumour here in Canberra that in Sydney schools, there have been more year 12s than usual that have got over 90, so that could make the cut-off rise, perhaps.
Also, does anyone know approximately how many people there do the Aeronautical Engineering at USYD?

HSC
About 50 or so. If you can get 90s a credit average needed for transfer should be piss easy anyway, so don't worry too much.

bubu

it better not rise!!!!

at least not above 92.95

otherwise im screwed to get in

there is apparently 60 spots this year

so hope it is quite constant

Glider05

HSC
excellent thanks for replies, yeah cut-off has been pretty consistent over the years. sounds like around 60 spots this year, hey? interesting....

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Flexible first year does make everything irrelevant.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
dz said:
it better not rise!!!!

at least not above 92.95

otherwise im screwed to get in

there is apparently 60 spots this year

so hope it is quite constant
Let me say this again. If you managed 90 in the HSC then a Credit average shouldn't be hard to get, provided you do a bit of work.

bubu

i want either distinctions or high distinctions in all the areas in the course at least for the 4 years so i hopefulli get a scholarship for the masters course

and is there any subject areas that are particularly hard in the aero course

and also how is the sessions organised ususalli for the week is it spaced or compact

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you want D's then you can transfer to aero in second year anyway. I'd advise you do flexi first year because otherwise you'll get KC Wong for intro to aerospace and he's the worst lecturer I've encountered so far.

antarctic

HSC
As far as the 1st year aero course is concerned, I'd agree with withoutaface in that the two intro courses (AERO1560 Introduction to Aeronautical Engineering and AERO1400 Introduction to Aircraft Construction and Design) are the hardest, because KC Wong's courses tend to have heavy workloads (however, IMHO his lectures are quite good).

As far as the timetable goes, be prepared to go to uni 5 days a week. You may get lucky and get off with 4 days (although the 4 days will be rather packed). Also, be prepared for at least some 8am starts. How many breaks you have will depend on your timetable, which you can change yourself to some extent.

Regards

Antarctic

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i had 4 days first sem and friday afternoons off, but apaprt from that it was 8-5 every day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)