• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Evaluating the changing nature of history (1 Viewer)

0hNivlek

HSC
Hey guys, i just need some help in answering this holiday HW questions.

"With reference to the Source and the works of Herodotus, Thucydides and the Venerable Bede, evaluate the changing nature of History."

I'm just confused about the evaluate part. I don't know why but i just don't get how you can evaluate the changing nature of history...:cold:

Any suggestions? :D!

iiinsane02

HSC
I don't do History Extension however, I believe the question is asking you to assess (state your position) how the course of history has changed over time.

I don't think I was any help at all. Lol, sorry for the paraphrasing.
I'm glad I didn't choose History Extension :rolleyes:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
To evaluate is to make a judgement basically.

Changing nature of history - you can refer to the purposes of history, the methodology of history, the historians and their contexts, the type of history etc etc, and how they have changed from each of the historians. Remember, your own perspective on this issue is critical.

Pick apart the source, state the perspectives reiterated by the source, link it to your own arguments and make a judgement on whether or not you agree/disagree with the source. Make sure you tie in the argument and quotes of the source throughout your essay, and integrate your historians into it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)