• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Exam or Misadventure Appeal? (1 Viewer)

Simply AD

Danski
HSC
I have an Engineering exam on Wednesday along with a funeral to go to of a deceased step-aunt. Question is should I do the exam or appeal for misadventure and go to the funeral?

She passed away Wednesday night and I haven't been able to do any study due to the grace period and some sort of funerary custom her family is hosting and we have to attend as a sign of respect. I have a feeling I'm going to go really bad in the exam regardless if I studied/crammed for the next few days.

Probably might get higher marks if I appeal (just a guess). Need advice on this one.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I'd say it's one of those circumstances where it would be best to attend the funeral. It sounds like a really sad time for you and your family :(
It would definitely be a valid reason if you did decide to lodge a misadventure.

In the end though, it's your decision, and only you know what is best.

I hope everything sorts it's self out, and this period isn't too hard for you or your family.

Good luck for the rest of your HSC!

random-1005

Banned
HSC
I have an Engineering exam on Wednesday along with a funeral to go to of a deceased step-aunt. Question is should I do the exam or appeal for misadventure and go to the funeral?

She passed away Wednesday night and I haven't been able to do any study due to the grace period and some sort of funerary custom her family is hosting and we have to attend as a sign of respect. I have a feeling I'm going to go really bad in the exam regardless if I studied/crammed for the next few days.

Probably might get higher marks if I appeal (just a guess). Need advice on this one.
you would have to read the fine print in the appeal form, and see if they do accept appeal on these grounds, i thought it had be directly before (as in the morning of the exam) or during the exam, talk to principal

Last edited:

Simply AD

Danski
HSC
you would have to read the fine print in the appeal form, and see if they do accept appeal on these grounds
Do you know where I can find a copy of the form? If not I'm going into school on Monday to discuss with Principle anyway. I'm just kinda edgy, would like to know the info before I go in.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Talk to your principal. You want to be quite sure it'll be accepted. If it isn't accepted, and you didn't turn up, you'll likely be left without an HSC/ATAR.

See attached.

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
soft cunt, eat some concrete and sit the fucking exam.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Check with your principal because there are restrictions regarding the closeness of the relationship etc that come into play e.g. if she lived with your family the chances are greater than if she lived in her own home because of the emotional connection bewteen the two of you.

The fact that she is a step-aunt and not a blood aunt may also come into play.

Go to school and talk to the Principal and if necessary get him/her to ring the BOS to get advice. If you only have 10 units then doing the exam will be recommended because if the appeal isn't upheld then you will get zero for that exam if you don't do it.

Simply AD

Danski
HSC
Thanks guys, those were helpful. I only have 10 units so I will sit the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)