• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Getting rural experience outside of uni (1 Viewer)

Daveky

HSC
has anyone ever done this like an internship?

Work and Travel Australia

I found this online just then but i think it's just a money making scheme.

i was wondering whether there are any legitimate rural placement/work experience schemes where one can work for a week or so in a rural area (without having to pay a dodgy internship company).

I am looking for some experience as I'm applying for a rural emphasis dental degree and i want to get some experience and see what it's like as well.

ninjapuppet

HSC
N/A
I dont know about dental programs, but during my med undergrad, i did placements in rural: [swan hill, port augusta, scottsdale & mildura, ...] and had absolutely no time left to even fart, let alone pick fruits.

Or if you're talking about wanting to experience rural life before committing to a commonwealth rural supported dental placement, then I got a feeling this firm is a job recruitment agency using fancy wording to get uni students interested, and then get a cut from your pay packet/ or charge a fee.

during my placements, i found that there were more jobs than workers in the riverina region depending on the season. If it were me, i would just rock up and book a caravan cabin and call around directly to the farm bosses. gives you more satisfaction with no contracts to uphold because i would believe that site internship site wouldn't want you to just work for a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)