• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Gwen HArwood (1 Viewer)

Cheezy-G

Wat are we supposed to say through harwood's poetry. I seem to be lost with the argument that I'm supposed to be putting forward in the essays. Do we have to rpovide the original reading or our own readings only. Does anyone know how harwood's poetry was received when she was writing it?

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
her poetry wasnt recieved well. she was always thought of as a mother first, and poet about 3rd. noone took her seriously. she wrote under other alias' becos of this, some of which were boys but i think one even as a girl and received higher aclaim.

she wrote one poem which was an accrostic in reverse, the last letter of each line told the smart ppl (a word starting with c mayb???) to f off.

that wasnt even found in the poem for a long time til a uni student stumbled past it by chance.

she did receive higher acclaim as time went on, but it wasnt for a very long time in her career.

possibility in prize giving is that she is mocking tose scholars who thought they were so much better than her and her poetry.

hope that helped

tennille

HSC
Gaya3 said:
Wat are we supposed to say through harwood's poetry. I seem to be lost with the argument that I'm supposed to be putting forward in the essays. Do we have to rpovide the original reading or our own readings only. Does anyone know how harwood's poetry was received when she was writing it?
I think you need to give a minimum of 2 readings for each poem. I always did the dominant reading, and then another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)