• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hard Selection Choices (1 Viewer)

AssesmentTask

Premium Member
HSC
I was hoping to do in 2010

2U Physics
3U Math
3U English
2U Software Design and Development
2U Legal or Business Studies

but due to a lack of interest at my owen school they are not running SDD. It was suggested by the principal that I do it cross campus at an average school (mine is selective) where the teacher was 'exemplary' and had written one of the text books for the subject.

The way the lines worked out however has meant that I would have to drop either English Ex. 1 or Math Ex. 1 (the former of which is assumed knowledge for doing Computer Science at UNSW) to do it at the average school.

The only other cross campus school running it is quite below average and its a very low quality environment.

SDD is the only subject I'm really interested, personally, in.

I appreciate any help :)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
well, think if you would want to do 3U maths or 3U english in year 12 (or 4units)
you should know what type of person you are and whether u like maths more or english more =)
that should help you decide.

AssesmentTask

Premium Member
HSC
I like both. I'm probarbly better at English but math is interesting as a logical technique (as is english..) but it is also assumed knowledge for comp sci

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
If I were you, I would settle for a subject that plays the next most interest and drop it in year 11.

clue444

HSC
I recommend you do the subjects that you will do well in and seeming that you think you are better in English, drop 3u maths over 3u english.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)