• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP! I need to advice about transferring/degree choice (1 Viewer)

rossverg

HSC
Hi everyone

I put my final preferences in last night with UAC and I am pretty sure I won't get into my top 3 choices. But I am pretty confident that I will get into pharmacy at sydney uni. BUt the problem is I'm still not 100% sure if I would be interested in it/whether or not that degree would appeal to me. I mean I know its content and stuff and that interests me but I'm worried I won't like it when I'm actually there learning it.

Anyway I need some advice: What are my options if I am not happy with my degree and I notice it within the first few weeks? Can I transfer to any other degree and in other faculty? If so, when can I do this - do I have to complete one year of tertiary study before I can apply to transfer or can I try and transfer to another degree after the first few weeks if I'm not happy? Also who do I contact about transferring - the faculties involved, the UAC or both? :S

Anyway thanks in advance for all your help

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you can only transfer after completing 1 year of study. they take 50% UAI/50% GPA for most transfers, and this is done externally through UAC. It is best to take subjects that compliment what you wish to do. What are your top 3 choices?

veridis

droog
HSC
pharm isnt about the degree, its about the monies you get afterward.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
veridis said:
pharm isnt about the degree, its about the monies you get afterward.
I would have thought it's more about job stability than money. While you probably won't starve as a pharmacist, I don' t think that many make huge number of bucks.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
sydneyphoenix said:
I would have thought it's more about job stability than money. While you probably won't starve as a pharmacist, I don' t think that many make huge number of bucks.
If you own the pharmacy then getting 500k+ isnt out of the picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)