• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP!!!! in writing a good story in creative writing (1 Viewer)

eunkuk91

HSC
can anyone give me a few examples of a top mark creative writing works or tips on how to get good marks by what to write and things because i am one of those people who are not talented in writing. please dont ignore...

-tal-

HSC
eunkuk91 said:
can anyone give me a few examples of a top mark creative writing works or tips on how to get good marks by what to write and things because i am one of those people who are not talented in writing. please dont ignore...
1) Have brilliant punctuation, grammar and a good grasp on the mechanisms of the English vocabulary.

2) Attain a controlled use of language forms and features, and use it to construct texts that reflect [insert idea] of the human condition.

3) I'll be blunt here. Be different, but make sense while doing so.

4) Character. Make the protagonist/narrator/voice have a personality.

eunkuk91

HSC
tyvm but can you post a link for a top mark creative writing as well?

-tal-

HSC
eunkuk91 said:
tyvm but can you post a link for a top mark creative writing as well?
No.

You want to see good creative writing? Go to some library, and find the "Young Writers Showcase [insert year]" book, it's a collection of the best EX2 works of any given year.

vustoxn

HSC
If you would like i can get a pdf of my creative writing i submitted in an exam. I got a 17/20 for it (A)

PM me if you would like to read it, Plus i can give helpful hints on how to make your own good texts. =]

nadiayui

HSC
im needing creative writing help aswell,
we recieved a stimulus picture
of a man in a extremely messy kitchen with a distressed look on his face, whilst there is a young girl below him seemingly nagging him to fix her barbie she broke.
it has to be related with women in context (period of time)
any ideas?
i dont want it to be boring, or predictable
:D

vustoxn

HSC
So i have been getting a few inbox messages from users on this site about creative writing! Here is a link to the story i mentioned above.
Vustoxn - Creative writing

Like before i got an A. If your unable to view that website feel free to send me an email at Abstract-oddity- @ hotmail.com [Just remove the spaces]​

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
hi eunkuk91

generally good creatives are tightly written yet deliver messages. you dont have long to write a masterpiece in the exam so every word that you write has to convey more direct meaning. it doesnt mean you DONT describe things, just no fluffy stuff that doesnt add weight to what you are trying to say!

in terms of plot, write about what you know. not what you dont know. ive said it once, i'll say it again :) otherwise it'll end up cliched and not believable, which is definitely not what you want the markers to feel.

so maybe you could write about particular times you or some1 you know didnt belong. when you're describing something, give the reader just a snapshot of what the character's life is like if they dont belong. then move onto how theyve changed, what they've learnt etc through their experiences of not belonging.

the idea of the story is along the lines of, 'what they're like and what they've learnt because they do/dont belong.' you've also got to consider WHERE they dont belong. within their family? friends? social situation? believing something that the people around them dont? there are many situations of people not belonging. and then the personal effects of that: increased alienation, however increased self belief and reliance etc...

hope ive helped and not confused you more :)

muscleman09

HSC
You dont want to be writing at a "standard level" in Stnd English. The guys who write high band 5's & the lucky ones who get band 6, write with style and at a level of an advance student. Just because you do standard english doesnt mean you have to write at the minimum requirements to achieve band 5.

Points ive learnt for creative writing: Some may have been mentioned before

- Write as though you know what your talking about. You need to sell your self to the marker. You only get one chance.

- Take risks, no matter what, a person who takes risks with the story they are writing produces something unique. However, if you know it might be something unacceptable, dont write it.

- Base your writing, on something you are familiar with, or even a real life event.
Usually, the events in your life which may be most emotional, are the best to write down. Just add a little flare to it.

- Characters, make your character unique. Base your character on 5 people you know, the best attribute about each one, personality, sense of humour, courage, emotional, athletic, heroic. Absolutely anything.

These are a few examples, i need to study for half yearlies :p Goodluck,

go hard!:headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)