• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help- Physical Journeys Speech (1 Viewer)

Daffodil87

HSC
My friend needs help cutting down her physical journeys speech. She has to make a 3-4min speech outlining how three texts have broadened her understanding of the concept of physical journeys. At the moment it goes for almost 7minutes.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Wow, thats alot. What's the question and what made her write so much? is it because she didnt understand the question and decided to write whatever? Was it that she couldnt think of anything and copied whole sentences out of other essays/study guides? :p I'll help her chop it :p I've added *some* comments to the paper i've attatched, but my main comments are here :) Enjoy

+Your friend shouldnt be using "two poems": Skryznecki and Frost's poem shouldnt be used. The teachers/markers under their criteria have to see that you have picked texts from a variety of sources and mediums ie. picking two poems will make a bad impression and will possibly result in a penalty
+DO NOT USE FIRST PERSON :)
+Use the word "Persona" instead of "the poet", sounds more formal ;)
+Ahh okay i see now: Your friend has gone too deep into of an analysis. Pick out the techniques that feed the comcept of the physical journey and present it. What she is doing is analysing literally every stanza, and by doing so, she has evidently gone over time.
+When you mention one technique in the text, PLEASE quote it
+Do not use "In conclusion.." to conclude your speech
+You need to write a bit more in the conclusion: its a bit airy. Mention some of the things you stated in the intro in the conclusion, and it will be more bold
+Do not recount the story

Daffodil87

HSC
Thank you very much. I will go through it with her tomorrow. I am sure she will be very grateful for your help.

yeh_what

HSC
hey thanks this helped me too

i have the same speech to do and i got some ideas from your speech..

im doing mine on 2 related texts, toy story 2 and a short story called hobnail

"Do not use "In conclusion.." to conclude your speech"
whats better than can be used?

cheers

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)