• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with Brecht essay (1 Viewer)

ladyzee

hi!!! i need help with how to write a Brecht essay, like i know all the techniques he uses n stuff, n quotes but how do i lay it out?????
Please help!?!?!??!?!!

HSC
it kinda depends on the question- they dont seem to be able to ask heaps of diff things though
usually i define epic theatre and talk about brecht using it a bit in the intro and then dramatic conventions social criticisms list two texts etc

then i talk about the themes presented and focus on the distancing techniques used to prompt critical thought and social change about the concepts brecht includes eg: songs both distance the audience in threepenny opera and present concepts such as a bougeios preference for an idealised past in "Ballad of Immoral Earnings"

You can also link brechtian performance assessment tasks you might have done into discussion of dramatic conventions to show your own understanding and appreciation of the techniques (a syllabus dt pt) and create further emphasis on Brecht's plays in performance- like from the perspective of drama rather than english

That's how I've done it anyway... hope ive kind of helped good luck!

mynameisdavid

HSC
hey guys yeh i need help heaps with brecht i have exams soon and i need notes!! pz help urgent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)