• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with Unsw application! (1 Viewer)

Princeps_

HSC
In relation to the Unsw app, what does it mean by the question that states "Do you expect to complete your entire program in Session 1"??? DOes that relate to semester 1 , and the program that u set? please explain.

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Princeps_ said:
"Do you expect to complete your entire program in Session 1"???
Do you plan to finish uni after session 1?

No.

JenKOK

i need help with the enrolment process...once i get to 'what now?' and click on the 'my UNSW enrolment basket' , then this window 'term selection' pops up and i'm stuck, wot am i meant to do here?? Do i have to select my courses now?? like before the enrolment deadline?? I have no idea wot they are, im completely lost!
Can someone please help me ? thanx!! :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Please post a screenshot of where you are stuck.

The term selection screen should allow you to pick Semster 1 2005.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The last day to enrol is 11 March (which I wouldn't advise, since session starts on the 28th)

Do you have the "Update Enrolment" button on that Term Selection screen? If so, you can now add your courses for Session 1 and Session 2.

JenKOK

How do I what courses to choose?? With no descriptions or anything. ANd how many im I allowed to choose?

Are these courses only for session one? so i have to choose again in session two?

I'm lost, why cant they send us a letter ? i hate doing things online, esp important things like this. I mean what if i stuff up and miss acceptance dat?

Well, da site is down now, so i cant do much :cool:

Thnx guys!!

sunny

meh.
HSC
weR1 said:
How do I what courses to choose?? With no descriptions or anything. ANd how many im I allowed to choose?
This is something you should've know way before you even accepted your offer. If you don't this information by now you might not even know what you are getting yourself into. Go to the Virtual Handbook or the UNSW Publications handbook site to see the details for your program.

weR1 said:
Are these courses only for session one? so i have to choose again in session two?
You enrol for both session one and session two.

weR1 said:
I'm lost, why cant they send us a letter ? i hate doing things online, esp important things like this.
Because if they sent you a letter and you went to UNSW and lined up for 6 hours to enrol in person which really only takes 5 minutes you would be complaining why it takes so long.

weR1 said:
I mean what if i stuff up and miss acceptance dat?
As a uni student you need to find things out for yourself - everything you need to know is on the myUNSW website - you just need to read it.

gman03

HSC
Not sure if this is relavent but last year after we accept our offer we had to wait until beginning of feburary before we can enrol. But that information was well PRINTED on the screen..... Like "You have choosen Program 3725 ........... continue enrolment after 2nd Feburary, 2004" or some other date. I remember there was a break before I accept my degree and choosing my 1st Year course.

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you have no electives you just enroll what they tell you to. You pick different times for the classes to suit yourself.

You have to enroll for session 1 and session 2 before uni starts. Session 2 enrollments can be changed again during the mid year break before session 2.

J0n

N/A
HSC
I tried that, and I seemed to have 3 courses for session 1, and 6 for session 2. Did I do something wrong, or is that normal?

J0n

N/A
HSC
Advanced Science majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Ok thanks Sunny. Can you have a look at the link and see if I just choose these:

Year 1

* CHEM1817 Chemistry 1ME (3 UOC)
* GEOS1111 Fundamentals of Geology (6 UOC)
* MATH1131 Mathematics 1A (6 UOC)
* MATH1231 Mathematics 1B (6 UOC)
* MATS9410 Materials for Mining Engineers (3 UOC)
* MINE1010 Intro to Mining Engineering (6 UOC)
* MINE1020 Mining Industry Practice (6 UOC)
* MINE1300 Applied Mechanics (6 UOC)
* PHYS1169 Physics 1 (Chem,Mech,Min Eng) (6 UOC)

for my first year.

Much appreciated.

sunny

meh.
HSC
jon: Your program has Gen Eds and electives. I suggest you look in the Science handbook (see page 277) for explicit subject details.

Curry: Yes those subjects you listed seem to be correct. There are 48uoc of subjects there, 24uoc each session.

sig

HSC
Is anyone else doing B Comm/Eng(Mechatronics) and having problems with adding courses?

I wanted to do all engineering the first year following the advised plans of

Chemistry 1ME
Introduction to manufacture
Mathematics 1A
Mathematics 1B etc.

However none of these courses are available to me

eg. Chemistry 1ME is CHEM1817 I think but when I search for that I don't get any results...

J0n

N/A
HSC
sunny said:
jon: Your program has Gen Eds and electives. I suggest you look in the Science handbook (see page 277) for explicit subject details.
Thanks sunny :D.

I look in that book however, and it seems to be a bit different to:
http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au/studen...tml#MathematicsandComputerScience(MATHC13972)
Which is what I used earlier. On that link, it says "Elective courses totalling 6 units of credit", so I just chose PHYS1000 from the list provided in that link. But in that handbook, it says "Elective courses totalling 9 units of credit" - which one is correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)