• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help! (1 Viewer)

al_87

HSC
ok, minor class assignment on related text for frontline. tell teacher am doing truman show (has to be a visual :s) she makes this "oh, well, if you really want to" face, tells me its a standard text and if i really think i can do it i should. now, this teacher has been know to be slightly neurotic at times thus: is it a problem to do a standard text?? or will it make no difference. hate finding related texts!!!

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
if you really want to you can, but generally it is frowned upon to do texts in other modules or courses. i found this out when i tried to do a poem from another module for my area of study.

kim_

al_87 said:
ok, minor class assignment on related text for frontline. tell teacher am doing truman show (has to be a visual :s) she makes this "oh, well, if you really want to" face, tells me its a standard text and if i really think i can do it i should. now, this teacher has been know to be slightly neurotic at times thus: is it a problem to do a standard text?? or will it make no difference. hate finding related texts!!!

dats weird sum1 in my class wntd to do it as well, but my teacher, she really noes alot and she sed that its not a really gud text to do, as it isnt really about the media, a documentary wuld be better, such as farenheit 9/11 or Jenin jenin

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
ok i dont think thats true... HSC comes around and the markers mark your paper independant of what related texts u do... they have no authority to judge your choice of texts, merely the way you present them...

Goodluck

kim_

nick1048 said:
ok i dont think thats true... HSC comes around and the markers mark your paper independant of what related texts u do... they have no authority to judge your choice of texts, merely the way you present them...

Goodluck

I see where youre coming from but if it is a prescribed text, the markers ahve more to compare you with and the standard will be higher as many people are doing it because there is soo much info on it... I would say do it if you want to, answer the question to the best of your ability and you should be fine, or you can pick another text that you understand and do that, as long as you understand what you are doing and you know that you will do well at it then go for it.

al_87

HSC
crisis solved...did minor assignment on Truman show to get the teacher off my back - which i won't end up presenting because i refuse to go to school today - and will use EDtv for assessment - found in the truman show study guide as a related text to that :) thanks for the help guys :)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
I don't agree. The markers see texts from one specific question. They don't mark those doing other prescribed text(s) only yours. This ensures that if you do wish to use a prescribed text from another Eng. Adv or Ext. course then your more than able to. Remember these things are marked with an objective eye, looking to see if you've matched outcomes. I say again they WILL NOT drag your marks down because your using a prescribed text from a different module. After all what are the chances of every candidate doing this module to pick the same prescribed texts as you? If you think they are high, don't do it, if not, go for it. It's all up to you, but keep an open mind about what I've said because I've been in this situation before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)