• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How are you studying for Eng Advance 08? (1 Viewer)

Schoolboy

HSC
Hey guys, I need your help... I don't know how to study for English!:eek: How do you guys do it?

Should I prepare more than one essay for each topic? Also, I do Coleridge and Speeches, should I prepare more than one essay.. disccussing different

essays/speeches for each?
Cheers!

jordie4

HSC
well im starting my study today, and ive made a timetable which i did yesterday, its pretty hectic, if you wanna look lemme know.
anyways, so ive allocated 2hrs to go over the first and second section of paper one, so comprehension and creative writing. im making notes on what i should include; and writing a few stories and editing them.
for essays on coldridge (although i didnt do it) id recommend making paragraphs around central ideas eg. themes or context. and make killer paragraphs with techniques, their effects etc.
then try moulding it to past HSC exam questions, just make sure its malleable.
thats just what im doing though, just gotta be malleable in your response as to fit the question in, just have to make sure it does fit to an extent, and such.

if you have a nice english teacher like i do, im able to email her and get her reply and suggestions, other than that look at exam markers suggestions for better answers and such.

i hope that helped :)

nekobutterfly

HSC
For Coleridge i already have prepared points and what technique used in those points so i just change them to suit the question

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)