• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How long did it take you to get into med/dent (1 Viewer)

Daveky

HSC
I only applied last year and am going to again this year for dent.

my sister is studying dental at griffith and it took her three years to get into that, and she was a dental assistant before that for an endodontic practice and got a gpa of 7.

does anyone else want to share how long it took them to get in?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I was fortunate that I got in after doing a year of uni and resitting umat.

One girl in my course was doing law for two years, sat umat and missed out and also got a poor GPA in that year, she repeated year 12 and got in then.

You may want to check out www.pagingdr.proboards.com there are alot of grad students, mums and dads, mature students who have spent years trying to get into med, etc via the GAMSAT grad route.

Also: Is there any1 who did 2 incomplete degrees and got into med/dent as non standard way? - Med Students Online

Daveky

HSC
I have this nighmare that I'm redoing high school but instead of doing better I'm doing much worse. I also have a nightmare that I've done a uni course but for some reason haven't shown up for like half the year cause I forgot.

same dream for jobs as well where i've been working there for 6 months but forgot to show up to work for the whole time.

I did a chem bridging course last year and got a hd, thinking of doing biol but wondering if I'd be better off doing a first year biology class instead as this is better than high school biol.

I know I dont need to do biology for entry but it's a plus if you have it. Only trouble is I can't find a summer semester biol course in qld uni's other than unilearn distance.

i'd rather do first year biol over summer semester but what can you do if they dont have it....

What uni are u at? studying dent or med?

Thanks for the reply

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)