• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hsc ranking (1 Viewer)

lil_a2n_boi

HSC
What happens if my ranking in school assessment is last, but in my hsc exam i come first? What happens in this scenario.. In importants to your rankings.. if you come first does that mean in overall you will be first in ur school even if you bombed out in the hsc exam?

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
If your ranking is last, and then you come first in the HSC exams, three things will happen:

1. The person ranked first in your class will get your exam mark as their moderated assessment mark
2. You will keep your exam mark as your exam mark
3. Your assessment mark will be moderated in line with the performance of your cohort, while keeping distance between ranks the same. This means that your assessment mark will still be the lowest in the class, no matter how well you do in the externals.

Your exam mark and moderated assessment mark are then combined and averaged to give your aligned HSC mark.

If you come first in your class and then bomb out in the externals, these things will happen:

1. You will receive the highest exam mark as your moderated assessment mark
2. You will keep your dodgy exam mark as your exam mark

These marks will then be combined and averaged to give your aligned HSC mark.

Last edited:

lil_a2n_boi

HSC
So does this mean.. at the end you could get a higher mark then the person coming first?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
don't think so. at the best you could tie if they completely bomb out and you completely awesomely cane externals

lil_a2n_boi

HSC
Well to the way it sound.. person A 1st rank could get 70 for hsc exam and person B place 2nd gets 90 and person C gets 75 then the mark will be as follow:

Modulation mark
A 90
B 75
C 70

Exam mark
A 70
B 90
C 75
Person B ended up beating the person that rank first by 2.5 marks is this correct?

helper

HSC
N/A
It is possible for it to happen. Remember with small groups like three, BOS will look at the marks slightly differently as the statistical methods are not valid.

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
so it doesnt matter if u beat someone in externals?!, that is completely shit.. wat the hell is the point in externals then?

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
you noob kalin. if you beat someone in the externals, you are better. simple as that.

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
i suggest you read rage_runner's thread on this (its stickied .. somewhere :p)[/QUOTE]

wow that is really helpful... i am assuming that your marks are adjusted based on your actual hsc mark.. and that your mark would not be limited by your rank..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)