• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Intro (1 Viewer)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
how long is your intro?

okay, i used to write reasonable intros ie a para or something. then my teacher told me u need to nail the concept bla bla at least a page.

then a friend said his teacher tells him to make it v short and simple. and then a hsc advice woman said it doesnt need to be long. but my teacher (and another at the time who has now taken it back it seems) says that u need to do a big intro :S

Dr_Doom

HSC
Just make sure you include all the themes/concepts of journeys you want to talk about, your texts, the techniques they show, and your view. This can be an overaverage sized paragraph... Talking in pages doesn't really help since people write larger or smaller than others..

aMJp

HSC
My teacher said that it has to be super to-the-point, basically just a thesis statement and an acknowledgement of the question/stimulus. You don't even need to introduce your texts, just introduce them as you go and explain your concept of journeys throughout the response, with relation to your texts.
Really, that's all you've got time for. There's no point writing a massive paragraph saying "Journeys..blah blah ...this is shown by "Name of Text" by Author, "Name of Next Text" by Next Author ..." because with 40 mins to write a chunky response, you're just wasting your time with an elongated intro.

s2indie

HSC
Short.

Journeys. Introduce texts. Answer Question.

aMJp

HSC
So you think you SHOULD introduce texts? I'm not sure now... I don't think it's terribly necessary, but...

What's the general concencus?

(a) Introduce texts in intro. Or,

(b) Save time and introduce them as you go.

Dr_Doom

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
mine's around 100 words long.

it's really short......I just like re-wrote the question, talked a bit about journeys and introduced my texts.

:S
You should do more than just re-write the question. Like rephrase each part of the question into a different sentence.

aMJp

HSC
So We're Introducing Texts In The Intro????

Bijs

HSC
My english teacher, whom is a senior hsc marker, said that for the intro:
Define Journeys
Define Imaginative/Physical/Inner Journeys
Incorporate the Question
State your texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)