• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Introduction to Information Systems (1 Viewer)

sumguy

HSC
hi has anyone done or completed this unit? if so can u explain wot it is like? hard, moderate, easy? does it involve a high degree of computer knowldge and skills? how much maths work is involved? does it consist of more theory or practical in general? if anyone has the course outline for this unit, can they please attach the file here or pm me thanks in advance. thanks again for all your replies..

j_davo24

HSC
Half theory, half practical.

When I did it the praactical side did not relate at all to the theory part. You will only be assessed on the theory side in the final exam, which was all multiple choice.

Practical involves formatting and creating word documents and excel spreadsheets, with which one of the texts gives a step by step run down of everything.

That's pretty much it.

sumguy

HSC
j_davo24 said:
Half theory, half practical.

When I did it the praactical side did not relate at all to the theory part. You will only be assessed on the theory side in the final exam, which was all multiple choice.

Practical involves formatting and creating word documents and excel spreadsheets, with which one of the texts gives a step by step run down of everything.

That's pretty much it.
thanks, btw do u have the course outline for this unit?
much appreciated
Best regards

j_davo24

HSC
Yeah, I just found it. Couldn't remember where I'd saved it. It's from spring 2005 though, so a few things might have changed. Here it is...

Mahrita

HSC
the final exam was easyyy....just read the whole book
the practical exams was ok...the excel one was pretty hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)