• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it better to write out your notes or type them & print? (1 Viewer)

nightweaver066

HSC
In year 11, you try both ways and see which one works best for you.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Type them for sure
Easier to read, visualise and retain info

ZeeZee3

HSC
I would write out notes using pen from both the teachers notes and self-written notes. Then Ill type out the only things that I think are most important and are sure to be tested, which means typing notes using the syllabus.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Well for subjects that involve a lot of applying, the best thing to do is to write it out, because what I do is, for something such as Physics, I find it incovinient to type out the formula, and solve an example by typing, because I cannot hope to do such a thing on MS Word.

So yes for some subjects writing it out is better
For English I type 80% of the time, the only time I do not type, is during class or practising essays before exams. Practising essays not near an exam I will nearly always type it out. (But I have horrible cursive writing, so there is that contributing to my biasis to typing)

For notes, Math is irrelevant, memorising subjects such as Biology I would type because you can read your notes easier. For social sciences I would type it out like I do for Economics.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
For any HSIE or English subject perferably, type out notes throughout the year and retain the info by writing them out 2-3 times before an exam or in-class assessment. This helps memory retention and your notes will still be online! :)

Deliriously

HSC
I would do what Mathmaster suggested ^
Its definitely good to have an electronic copy because it makes it easier to add/edit the content any time you want but to keep in scratch with your handwriting and memory retention, you should write out the key concepts to prepare. It really works :D

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I typed them out in high school but in university, I've found that writing them free hand was a better fit for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)