• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it true...? (1 Viewer)

Kalashnikov47

HSC
Is it true that the UAI cut-off for non-recent school leavers who are applying for a transfer is usually lower than those who are recent school leavers?

Who knows the actually cut-off for UMAQ BA/LLB last year?

Thanks in advance

Andi0390

HSC
I don't know. I guess it depends on what kind of transfer you are doing. I mean if you are transferring into a first year course then I imagine you would have the same UAI entrance, but your UAI would be altered because of your GPA (if you have been studying for a year).

I would imagine (but I in no way know) that UAI entrance for all courses, regardless of their entry level would be determined by the amount of available spaces vs. number of people applying. There would theoretically be a lot less spaces available in a second year course in comparison to a first year, but then again there will not be such of a mass applying. Except for law. Everyone seems to want to transfer into law.

I could be totally wrong about this, but I would like to know the answer. Is entrance based on the first year entry UAI cutoff or is a new one developed for other years in response to applicants?

jefter

HSC
I don't know. I guess it depends on what kind of transfer you are doing. I mean if you are transferring into a first year course then I imagine you would have the same UAI entrance, but your UAI would be altered because of your GPA (if you have been studying for a year).

I would imagine (but I in no way know) that UAI entrance for all courses, regardless of their entry level would be determined by the amount of available spaces vs. number of people applying. There would theoretically be a lot less spaces available in a second year course in comparison to a first year, but then again there will not be such of a mass applying. Except for law. Everyone seems to want to transfer into law.

I could be totally wrong about this, but I would like to know the answer. Is entrance based on the first year entry UAI cutoff or is a new one developed for other years in response to applicants?
i've been wondering the same thing...since i plan to tranfer externally next year as a non-recent school leaver...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)