• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

J Dilla Appreciation night (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Jay Dee / J Dilla born James D. Yancey, was one of the few artists whose records were bought on sight, played until digested and then discussed among fans and critics. He kept Hip Hop relevant long after many of its greatest heroes had left it for dead, at least creatively and is often described as “your favourite producers favourite producer”. There are many talented beat makers and producers, but there will only be one J Dilla.

To commemorate the 3rd anniversary of his untimely death and what would have been his 35th birthday ‘The Main Ingredients’ family celebrates the music of J Dilla with some of Sydneys finest DJ’s along with 'special guests' paying homage to the man who shaped a new sound for Hip Hop that inspired beat smiths, MCs and music lovers around the globe

*All performers will be performing for free with proceeds of the night going directly to Maureen “Ma Dukes” Yancey, the mother of J Dilla*

DJ’s
Naiki
Katalyst
Ology
Josie Styles
Plus special guests

STRICTLY LIMITED CAPACITY BE THERE EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT

$15 entry
9pm until late
Ruby Rabbit, 229 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst

-----------------------------

I have another gig to go to that night but I urge everyone who loves music to go.

Will be a very very good night.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
friday 13th of feb, right? i'll probs be there
jeez...nice. i think i have some birrthday drniks that night. but that may have to be partly blown off. :D

edit: there is no reason why i wont be able to get tix at around 10, right?

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
have my bday dinner on that night. i'll try and get down there if i can. i share the same birthday as dilla as well (7th feb). im a lucky mother fucker!!!!

T- Rex

HSC
so keen for this, have to work till 10.30 though so i'm hoping tickets are still available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)