• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Keyboards (1 Viewer)

Agent Z

HSC
lol!! luv the thread!!!!
Does anyonehere use a dvorty?!?!

I wanna learn how to use em!!! Everyone seems to say that they are faster...but then I guess noone else uses em and qwerty's are the standard atm....

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
yeah that logitech one has such a good concept.

and i would still prefer logitech elite over the new ms one

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i have the one that came with the computer...HP. its light grey for most of it, then up the top in the internet and cd/dvd/mp3 bit is dark grey.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Agent Z
lol!! luv the thread!!!!

I wanna learn how to use em!!! Everyone seems to say that they are faster...but then I guess noone else uses em and qwerty's are the standard atm....
you mean a dvorak?

i got a MS Office XP keyboard, it's sweet.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
porblem with office kbd is it has no multimedia keys
What kind of multimedia keys?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
like, play/pause, forward/reverse, volume keys, mute, etc.
lol well it is designed especially for office usage, and it's called a office keyboard so why on earth would it have it?, it has the appropriate keys for wat the keyboard was designed for, i got like cut, copy, paste, undo, redo, new, open, cose, reply, fwd, send, all these other office related shortcuts.

-X-

HSC
N/A
lol!! luv the thread!!!!

Its dvoraq. It was used before the QWERTY which was allot faster to type in. QWERTY was made to slow the typer down by seperating the most used laters.

And i got MS internet keayoard pro. Waste of money i recon, i hardly ever use all the multimedia or the internet features. The only thing i use is the volume controller. :rolleyes:

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Its dvoraq. It was used before the QWERTY which was allot faster to type in. QWERTY was made to slow the typer down by seperating the most used laters.

And i got MS internet keayoard pro. Waste of money i recon, i hardly ever use all the multimedia or the internet features. The only thing i use is the volume controller. :rolleyes:
lol!! yeah sorry about that....dvortyboards is one of the only dvorak keyboard manufactureres in australia...got mixed up....i think its a shame we dont all learn how to use it, sure i guess there would be massive implementation costs and not everyone could be bothered learning a tool they are already so familiar with...buut if it makes you type that much faster, why not?

-X-

HSC
N/A
Cause the faster you type, the more likely your going to make mstkes. :p

so they ditched it and made the QWERTY the standard.

MrMiK

i gots a standard style keyboard (not multimedia) its an Acer 6511-TA .. or at least thats what i think the model no. is :S (its blurry now).. its one of those thin keyboards with the metal backing.
i tend to like these better because too much plastic makes it feel kinda flimsy... i duno.. i think its just me.
Anyways. Ill be getting a new mouse and keyboard soon probably.. maybe the microsoft optical value pack.. not sure.

anyone know of any good value wireless packs?

-X-

HSC
N/A
I like keayboards that make the clicking sound when you type. :D

yoshi

lsure i guess there would be massive implementation costs
Firstly, you don't need a special keyboard to type in Dvorak. I've been typing on Dvorak for over a year now and I have never even seen a Dvorak keyboard - I've always typed on qwerty ones.

Windows, Linux and (probably) MacOS support keymapping - what this does is change your keyboard layout through software. So you can type merrily in Dvorak.

The reason I learnt Dvorak is because my wrists became sore whenever I typed for more than 20 minutes about a year ago.

The best process (not fastest but _best_ :) is to switch to a Dvorak keymap and start typing. Don't let yourself switch back to qwerty for at least half an hour. Then go on IRC or another chat program and attempt to chat with Dvorak.

When I first started it took me about a minute to get a sentence out, and after a week or two I hardly had to remember where the keys were. After a month or two it was like I was using qwerty again - no need to look at the keyboard, no thinknig about where the letters are.

To change to Dvorak in Windows XP, go to the Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options. Click the Languages tab, Details button, then Add a keyboard layout as "United States-Dvorak." Have fun and easy wrists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)