• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

King Lear (1 Viewer)

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Alrite I got this question Evaluate the ways in which your prescribed text has been interpreted and valued in different contexts

I am kind of confused :confused: about answering it.
Do I first state that King Lear was written in a patriarchial society, then continue about how context's have changed over time which has led to different interpretations of the play... Like a feminist interpretation and a family drama interpretation.
So then I mention them, go into detail about each one and then give examples from productions which show these interpretations taking place? I hope that made sense.

kieransgirl

yea thats exactyl wat u do.
u say how dramatic techniques influence the interpretation and control how the viewer sees the play. u also mention that the director owns this control so the directors views are placed on the audience. the directors views are influenced by their context ect ect

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
but also remember to discuss the ACTUAL play, not just interpretations/readings

so refer to things such as how the play has been changed or adapted (eg. some interpretations leave out the Gloucester/sons sub-plot, some use the same actor for Cordelia and The fool) and also the way the text is valued in different contexts - ie. many of the themes such as the family are valued today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)